Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well at school lastnight i took the tires off the RAV to inspect the brakes (ive been having problems with my e-brake not grabbing) to see what was wrong. Turns out, (thanks to a friend who drove my RAV close to 200 miles with the e-brake on) i have close to no material left on the brake shoes, and the drums themselves are close to needing to be replaced. I then moved up front, and noticed some deep groves in the front rotors.

Since i was alreayd planning on replacing the front pads (any reccomendations on the brand?) im going to go ahead and get new rotors, drums, and shoes at hte same time. ive been haivng problems tracking down these parts tho (the pads were easy to find... everything else, not so easy) i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Brembo is a good brand... that's what I got.

Got it from ebay.

*note* Brembo doesn't make Cross-Drills for the rav4.. so the regular one are fine...

·
Registered
880 Posts
The Drifter said:
Well at school lastnight i took the tires off the RAV to inspect the brakes (ive been having problems with my e-brake not grabbing) to see what was wrong. Turns out, (thanks to a friend who drove my RAV close to 200 miles with the e-brake on) i have close to no material left on the brake shoes, and the drums themselves are close to needing to be replaced. I then moved up front, and noticed some deep groves in the front rotors.

Since i was alreayd planning on replacing the front pads (any reccomendations on the brand?) im going to go ahead and get new rotors, drums, and shoes at hte same time. ive been haivng problems tracking down these parts tho (the pads were easy to find... everything else, not so easy) i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction?
Have you tried a store like Pep Boys? Here in Canada I found rotors as Carquest for $25 each, I went with factory pads and rear drums were $35 each but I ddin't need them.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
personally dont like hte quality of car quests brands and products (i think its just the stores locally, havent heard anyone else complain abotu them except around here) so im going to go check O'Rileys to see if they have it all

The thing is im going to just up the brakes while im replacing them, so i was wondering what brand you guys reccommend for performance rotors and pads, and im just goign to go with the factory drums and shoes

·
Registered
682 Posts
I got DBA slotted rotors on my RAV. Rear drums are stock. I'm running QFM (Queensland Friction Materials) pads and shoes. QFM is an Aussie only brand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts