Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never liked Black Rims on a vehicle.

I think from 200 feet away, $2,000 Black Rims make a nice car look like it's riding on $80 winter steelies.

I powder coated $250 for Five, and sandblasted $75 for Five these Toyota Factory 17" Steel Rims because It was cheaper than the labour to sand them myself, and still never get a decent finish.

I like the Silver look. I find the black rims make the Rav4 GTT look Junky. Honest Thoughts and Opinions Please.

I've since painted the center caps black and put new extended chrome wheel nuts, Better Pics Tomorrow.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I always said: "all black wheels look the same". It is a geat way to hide ugly wheels :)

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,889 Posts
I agreee 100%! From a distance it looks like an old car that lost its plastic wheel covers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agreee 100%! From a distance it looks like a old car that lost its plastic wheel covers.
I did this against my better Judgement, I knew there was a 80 per cent chance I wouldn't like it. At some Angles today, in the sunlight it does look alright, but I miss how big the wheels looked in Silver, Arghh!!! Why?! Why?!

Oh well, I may rock them for the rest of the Winter and do something else in the spring time. I would like some OEM 2015 Alloy Wheels, but seem hard to come by.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Black wheels with white or silver accents look okay, but not straight black. White Wall tires would make black wheels look a bit better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts