Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed some wear on the seat back side bolster on the driver's seat, so decided was better late than never to install seat covers. I've look at a lot, none looked as good as the Wet Okole, so I ordered a set. Install wasn't too hard, not easy for anyone with a bad back, tho. $275 with headrest covers and a zipper pocket on the back, they accomodate the seat mounted air bags. If anyone decides to get a set, I can offer some tips to save time, been there!! :oops:

http://wetokole.net/page/WOH/PROD/TOYSUV/TOYTRUCKF

Tim

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow those look great. I didn't know they made them for the seats with the air bags. I'm seriously considering getting them but they are pretty pricey.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're real comfy, too!! I hesitated when I saw how much they were, but in a few years the cloth seat will be toast where it's showing all the wear, as the poster that cautioned us about the velcro closures on clothing said, the bolster is getting a fuzzy appearance where my butt/hip slides across it everytime I enter or exit. I don't care for leather, it's cold in the winter and hot in the summer, I just wish the cloth seats were more durable. :cry:

Tim

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
seat wear

Quick, how many miles on car and how long that you have seat wear already? Does not sound good.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since 3/31, ~2500 miles.

Tim

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
list?

Bubba are you making fun of me... :p

Seat wear at 2500 miles does not sound so hot. Of course Spyguy will tell us it did not happen and is just part of my "agenda"

I wonder if my local salesman knows about these things..hummmm.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
JIMD4 wrote:
Seat wear at 2500 miles does not sound so hot. Of course Spyguy will tell us it did not happen and is just part of my "agenda"

I wonder if my local salesman knows about these things..hummmm
Uh, oh, ya better get an Ltd with leather, Jim!! :p

OC

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, I think OC's advice for the leather would be a wise choice if the limited fits in your budget, the cloth upholstery that I've owned in the 2 previous SUVs held up well, but this was a big disappointment. :cry:

Tim

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Dogs + cloth seats = seat covers + floorliners
Dogs + leather seats = seat covers + floorliners
Can't win either way if you befriend man's best friend!! :(

OC

G

·
Hey those look pretty good. What tips do you know that can save time? What seat type and other choices did you choose? Their menu of choices is out of control.

·
Premium Member
8,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just Toyota SUV, I chose just the basic seat covers, no piping, the only option was the zippered seat back pocket. They require a picture of the seat, they said there are 6 different styles that they need to pick from for a proper fit, they did good since they fit perfect.

My manual seats have a lever for the seat back adjustment, the handle covers slip off after pressing a release on the inside of the handle, they need to come off to get the plasitc molding off which is attached by a couple scews, one by the lever and another on the rear of the molding.

On the bottom of the OEM seat cover back, there is a flap that is anchored to a couple hooks under the seat bottom, unhook the elastic cord to save some time in attaching the Okole cover tie downs. I moved the seats back and forth for best access depending on what part I was working on, the power seats may not be as easy, there's not a lot of room under the seats.

That's about it.

Tim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2010 RAV4 and am considering buying the Okole my husband has them in his Ford F350 and we love them.. have they held up as well as you expected?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts