Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Wet Passenger Floor

13K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  sean20202020 
#1 ·
I bought my 2006 RAV4 brand new. It's been through many years of rain, but a few days ago after a severe rainstorm I woke up to find the floor on the passenger side soaking wet. Any ideas what would cause this to happen? Note: window seals are good.

#2 ·
#4 ·
I had the same problem a few years back. On mine, it turns out to be the cowl vent splash shield assembly to be at fault. To see if your situation is the same; take the cabin air filter out and see if it is wet. If it is soaking wet after a heavy downpour, then you will have to repair the outside air inlet assembly under the cowl vent. On this website, there is a TSB for it and also instruction on how to fix the problem. On my car, I actually had to go in and re-do a few foam on the assembly to keep water from pooling over the opening of the air inlet. After a few years, some foam will start to stiffen up and allowing water to seep past them allowing the water to pool around the opening. Stopping this water seepage and also allowing it to drain away from the opening is the only cure for this problem.

Reactions: ThreeEyedBandit
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.