Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 UK model. 2.2 Diesel D4D

Am sure some of you have encountered this one.... water dripping into passenger footwell.

Fix - I moved the carpet and trim and located the drain hose that goes from the airbox and then through the floor. This wasn't blocked... but the airbox was full of water. I used a small screw driver to unblock the drain hole on the airbox where the hose attaches.... loads of water came flooding out. (i had a towel ready.) Put the hose back on and it's sorted! Easy fix. Just gotta remember to keep an eye on it...clearly a weak point.

S

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
2006 UK model. 2.2 Diesel D4D

Am sure some of you have encountered this one.... water dripping into passenger footwell.

Fix - I moved the carpet and trim and located the drain hose that goes from the airbox and then through the floor. This wasn't blocked... but the airbox was full of water. I used a small screw driver to unblock the drain hole on the airbox where the hose attaches.... loads of water came flooding out. (i had a towel ready.) Put the hose back on and it's sorted! Easy fix. Just gotta remember to keep an eye on it...clearly a weak point.

S
lol! Been there....done that!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts