Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just came about a month ago. Driver's side window will never close with Weathertech window shield installed three years ago. I will try seating it again with a dead-blow hammer unless someone here can make a better suggestion. Lubricating the top edge of the window has no effect.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
You should be able to close it manually. Do this by pulling up gently on the window switch to the first "notch" until it gets to the top. If you pull up all the way past the "notch" the window will go into auto-up mode. Did you disconnect the battery recently with the window down? If so, you may have to re-initialize the window.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,722 Posts
Found this in another thread:

I'd been having some issues with my drivers side window closing with the auto up feature...read the info on this thread and watched the hints feature at the end of the weathertech video. These 2 things fixed it for me:

(1) Use the tip at the end of the weathertech video to sort of bow out the deflector as the window is going up. That allowed it to go all the way up for the first time without kicking back down.

(2) I also did the 10-second holding the switch up bit after the window had seated.

After that I did about a dozen auto-up's with it working just fine.

Thanks to everyone for the information sharing!

Mangy

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem with driver's window NOT Weathertech

This just came about a month ago. Driver's side window will never close with Weathertech window shield installed three years ago. I will try seating it again with a dead-blow hammer unless someone here can make a better suggestion. Lubricating the top edge of the window has no effect.
My error. I took off the driver's side inner panel, a one-minute job, and found two bolts that carry the window track to be messed-up. One fell out, the other was loose. It took no time at all to place them properly with a little Loctite to keep them where they belong.

A clue to this issue is to listen when you close the door with a bit of vigor. A rattle might indicate the beginning of the problem.

Hope this helps!

And thanks to JuneBug (also known as RAV4 god) for his additional information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts