Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new project is change al halogen Headlights to Led. The bulbs are HB3 (9005). Any advice or suggestion will be really appreciated. Rav 4 2014 4x4 Manual.

Regards,

·
Registered
245 Posts
My new project is change al halogen Headlights to Led. The bulbs are HB3 (9005). Any advice or suggestion will be really appreciated. Rav 4 2014 4x4 Manual.

Regards,

Xenon Depot has always been a great reliable place...They're products are great, not cheap crap...
Their customer service is great as well. They are one of the main choices for us at T4R.org...
Have their HID kit in my 4Runner!

http://www.xenondepot.com/led-headlight-bulbs-s/240.htm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
LEDs for low beams aren't quite there yet. You need full 360 degree output and to line up with the reflectors/projectors to produce a nice hot spot for distance vision. In every case I've seen you're still much better off going to HID and LEDs can actually perform worse than the standard halogens at distance...but look better.

·
Registered
245 Posts
LEDs for low beams aren't quite there yet. You need full 360 degree output and to line up with the reflectors/projectors to produce a nice hot spot for distance vision. In every case I've seen you're still much better off going to HID and LEDs can actually perform worse than the standard halogens at distance...but look better.

Just purchased a 2017 SE...Came with LED Low Beams oem from Toyota(one of the main reasons We went SE)....Seem to works great, super bright, look nicer than any HID/Halogen I have seen.
I'd say the LED technology is here and is a great alternative. Toyota seems to think anyways.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got a 2017 rav4, XLE. If I want to mod my lights, how do I go about doing this? I'm car-illiterate. I don't know the first thing. I know that I see some Rav's with led strips, mine seems to have it, but don't turn on or are just for looks. How do I change out the regular bulbs to make them leds or hids? Help me plox.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks DrWho for the information, actually your car looks really nice with that white led lights. Hope my car will looks that nice since is silver. To be honest my first idea was just replace the low beam (bulbs in the projectors) and the fog bulbs. But since you are using led for High bean, I think there is no reason to change to led all the headlight bulbs.

Any bad experience from someone that setup something like this?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Just purchased a 2017 SE...Came with LED Low Beams oem from Toyota(one of the main reasons We went SE)....Seem to works great, super bright, look nicer than any HID/Halogen I have seen.
I'd say the LED technology is here and is a great alternative. Toyota seems to think anyways.
Well disclaimer there. It's not ready as a drop in replacement in headlights not designed for them.

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
jf watson---

No need to start two threads about the same topic. I have merged them and moved to the correct area.

Reactions: jfwatson

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks DrWho for the information, actually your car looks really nice with that white led lights. Hope my car will looks that nice since is silver. To be honest my first idea was just replace the low beam (bulbs in the projectors) and the fog bulbs. But since you are using led for High bean, I think there is no reason to change to led all the headlight bulbs.

Any bad experience from someone that setup something like this?
Thanks, I also thought about going the LED route on the fog lights. But the regular halogen lights help a lot better when there's a lot of fog or a rain. So I decided to keep those the way they are.

After I use those lasfit LEDs on the low beams at night, I will decide to keep them there or put them back on the high beams.
Heck! I might just get another pair so I can have the same kind of LEDs on the high and low beams.

Like my mom says: "Ya veremos."

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've changed the LED bulbs to the low beams now. So far I'm happy.
You can check the link to my thread to see a comparison of these LEDs with the original halogen bulbs.
20170330_203309.jpg
20170330_220050.jpg

·
Registered
232 Posts
Thanks J-Roc and jfwatson!

I liked those Lasfit LEDs so much that I got another pair (same as the previous one).
Now the DRLs/high and low beams are LEDs.

Argh! Pictures sideways, again!

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
How do you do to have the DRL/High and Low beam on at the same time?? I thought the low beam will turn off when you switch to HI !!

·
Registered
232 Posts
How do you do to have the DRL/High and Low beam on at the same time?? I thought the low beam will turn off when you switch to HI !!
The top picture has the lows and the highs on.
The bottom picture has only the DRLs on.
No trickery or Harry Potter stuff.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The top picture has the lows and the highs on.
The bottom picture has only the DRLs on.
No trickery or Harry Potter stuff.

You know, I had forgotten about the '4 lights on at the same time' rule.

What you said is true, only if the fog lights are on.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts