Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I am new in this Forum, and I just bought a 06 Rav4 Sport Red, I am planning to add a security and remote start system, did anyone have a after market one installed and how much was it? How does it work?.............thanks :roll:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Check out the "AutoPage" systems.. They seem to be the cheapest lifetime warrantied systems and elsewhere on these forums they have been praised.. Call around and price the system though.. And don't forget that you can negotiate with these companies too.. ;)

I called around and most places are willing to match what another place will do it for or even beat it by 20 bucks!.. I think I was quoted about $389.00 or so.. Not sure will have to check on that.. Have it written down at home.. This price included the module and install and everything that was needed out the door..

So here is the question you should be asking..

To anyone that knows anything about installing electronics in vehicles.. What should I do to make sure they don't cut corners when they install this system???...

D

·
0 Posts
I thing I'm gona go with Compustar after I did all the resarch that system looks to be the best and price I got was $399 install with lifetime warranty with install shop that been around for a long time

Viper systems are compatible with rav4 too, all the systems I check where compatible

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yep.. That price is comperable to the AutoPage system..

The clifford.. Well.. I was quoted like $650 for the system which I think is ridiculous especially since the others that do the same thing AND come with a second remote have a lifetime warranty on parts and labor also.. How do they justify the $300 price difference?!?!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But will all this system compatitble with my engine immobilze system?
Especially remote starter.

D

·
0 Posts
i dont thing you have engine immobilize, I belive only Limited model have it,

W

·
0 Posts
Two way Viper System

In the last two cars I've owned, we've put in the Viper 2-way LED system with remote start. I really like the control you have over the viper sensors to fine tune your alarm response. With the antenna mounted in the right place, I can remote start our car from inside a movie theater on a busy day parked about halfway back. I really enjoy the feedback you get from each operation. They have a model with an LCD screen that will actually show you which sensor was tripped for an alarm state. We currently have the 771XV system with an added piezo siren, backup battery, and audio sensor (for glass breakage).

Just my $.02

B

·
0 Posts
I got my RAV4 to be installed clifford arrow5 since a week ago. Not sure if it is really a good one. However, it just cost me 250. :?:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts