Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I live in the NorCal area and I'm planning to take my 2014 AWD to the dealership service center to get some standard services done. But I feel that the dealership will try to upsell me useless services. What should I ask to get done and what price should I expect? Here's what I'm going to request after reading the manual.

Synthetic Oil Change
Tire Rotation
Fluids top up.

Somethings I already got done
New Tires from in 2018
New Brake Pads in 2019 (akebonos)
New Wiper Insert 2019

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Have you checked in the manual for a more precise list of services and milage intervals before you go nuts? Also, you could have those services performed by a legit garage/mechanic and maybe save some money. ;)

Reactions: Chief Pontiac

·
Registered
288 Posts
They will most likely push for the brake fluid flush. My '14 just passed 60k and I do all PM services myself. Mainly oil changes, engine & cabin filters, tire rotations. Just stick with the recommended services and you will be ok.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The dealership is a business and most of their money is made from service so yes they will try to upsell you on almost everything. Check the tire treads yourself as you may not even need to rotate… an honest dealer will tell you that. Unless you are leaking something all those fluids are easy to top off on your own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts