Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://imgur.com/a/rrVd1

What is the skinny compartment in the first pic for?

Also what are these caps from the 2nd and 3rd pic for? Found them in my glovebox. The wrapper says it's for "center floor side member extensions" but I have no idea what that is.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
The caps were supposed to be installed by the dealer - and DO NEED to be installed. They cover holes in the frame members that were used for shipping. Dumb dealer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The caps were supposed to be installed by the dealer - and DO NEED to be installed. They cover holes in the frame members that were used for shipping. Dumb dealer.
Grr, that's not very smart. Well at least I found where they were supposed to go and plugged the hole. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The skinny storage is a side effect of the hybrid battery being under the rear seats. The don't fold down flat and the "shelf" behind them is an extension of that. Not very useful save for maybe a flashlight or small first aid kit. I might store cargo tie downs in there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The skinny storage is a side effect of the hybrid battery being under the rear seats. The don't fold down flat and the "shelf" behind them is an extension of that. Not very useful save for maybe a flashlight or small first aid kit. I might store cargo tie downs in there.
Ahh I see. Thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I put my wheel lock keys in there as well as my extra extra set of lug nuts. And a few other small items.

Also, note that little storage space makes it impossible to use standard RAV4 cargo trays. You must use a Hybrid-specific storage tray if you want one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts