Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1261 - 1280 of 1317 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wanted a CRV Touring but too many issues with the new turbo engine. Settled for a 2018 Rav4 Platinum. Its missing a lot of features the Honda had like rain sensing wipers, power passenger seat, heated rear seats and holding hooks on all floor mats.

I did the same comparison back in 2017 and went with the platinum. The round view camera totally made the RAV4 an easy decision. And the foot-opening trunk (don’t know what this feature is called) as well as the ability to lock and unlock on all 4 doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
please tell us where you purchased the car, location OK if not dealer. don;t want to have this experience
He's in Mexico, so not likely to affect many here. The cure for memory seat issue is the dealer doing a proper PDI which includes setting the default travel limits for the driver's seat so the seat memory can be set, being a new model, most dealer techs are not up to speed on what needs to be done, the tech that did mine took over 2hrs being the first ever done at the dealership, but he got everything right, I've had no issues.

https://www.rav4world.com/forums/193-4-5-interior/295595-driver-s-seat-memory-not-working-6.html#post2685137

·
Registered
3 Posts
We love ours.
The gas mileage is ok..
I really like the stance, it wide wheel base for such a small car.

This thread is about what I don't like though and that would be the failing paint and finish..paint is falling off the car.
I have had exactly the same issue on my perl white 13 limited. The paint roof was pealing off by itself. It cost me $600 to fix it.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Slow as molasses, sun roof is a joke, cargo cover has a gap between it and the rear seat, Lane departure will not shut off, annoys me!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Slow as molasses, sun roof is a joke, cargo cover has a gap between it and the rear seat, Lane departure will not shut off, annoys me!
You must be young LOL. I've had v8 with less power than this. The power these have is standard for the class...want more power get a different car LOL. How is the sunroof a joke? Does yours not open? The gap with the cargo cover is to allow for the rear seats to recline. Lda can be shut off...read the manual.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My only complaint is the AC/Heat system. Not sure why they designed the top of the dash for rear ventilation like that. I remember reading that the whole thing was open at one point and then they closed one side because the circulation dispersing was very poor. Other than that, I love my 2017 RAV4 LE

·
Registered
209 Posts
You must be young LOL. I've had v8 with less power than this. The power these have is standard for the class...want more power get a different car LOL. How is the sunroof a joke? Does yours not open? The gap with the cargo cover is to allow for the rear seats to recline. Lda can be shut off...read the manual.

RTFM!! You must be kidding. If it's not on FaceCrap or Instagram, no one under 30 will find it.
Besides, it's just TOO MUCH WORKAHHHHH.

·
Registered
147 Posts
As for the gap in the cargo cover... I'm also disappointed. My old Yaris has reclining rear seats and they solved the problem of the gap with a cover that velcros to the back of the seats from the cargo cover. I was disappointing when Toyota forgot how to solve that problem somehow.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I am new to this forum and didn't see this question was for 4th generation only, in the small print.

Welcome aboard! Try reposting in the 4.3 section; I don't know if they have a gripe section though. 0:)

For the record, I had a 4.3 gen also. I took the cover off the spare tire to make my RAV look cool! :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am not young but thank you for the compliment, I get the recliner idea, my forester did the same with ZERO gap. As for power it is under powered ALL 4 cylinder SUV's are unless they are turbo, and even some of the low output turbos are dogs... By the way I have had V8's with nearly 1000 horsepower so I know power

·
Registered
379 Posts
LOL, like the last line. I guess if you look at it that way it isn't so bad. My problem is, I came from a couple vehicles that were quiet like a tomb before getting the Rav so my sense of what is normal exceeds what the Rav is capable of.
Toyota knows how to make quiet cars, just wish they would apply that knowledge across the board instead of saving it for the higher cost platforms.
It's all relative. I have a 2013 Rav4. My previous car was a 2006 Honda Civic that I had 230k miles on. Compared to the Civic, my Rav4 was blissfully quiet. These days, my Rav4 has almost 118k miles on it and the tires are on their last legs so it sounds a lot louder than it did when it was new. Hopefully, that'll improve once I get new rubber on it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just bought a Polaris Slingshot. Engine noise, transmission noise, rear 90 degree drive noise and belt noise. Then there is the wind noise . . . no doors and no top.
No trouble, though. What noise gets by my big grin is drowned out by my whoops and hollers of pure fun in driving again.
Check out some YouTube videos. YAAAHHHHH WHOOOOOO!

And, for the Florida members, Yee Haw.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My 2014 LE AWD is now at 97,000 KMS and I am hearing a whistle from transmission upon decelleration at lower speeds. Transmission also seems to make a lot of noise (sort of a wind type noise) since TC replacement which was done last year.

I can't say I'm happy considering I wanted this thing to last me quite a few years

·
Registered
37 Posts
I could't believe that Toyota did not include side mirror adjustments into seat position memory function. If I knew it in advance I would have got a different car. For God's sake - the mirrors are already motorized. Just add position sensors and make them remember the setting - like every other manufacturer does. Not to mention that they tried to save a few cents and included only 2 positions, not the more common 3.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did the same comparison back in 2017 and went with the platinum. The round view camera totally made the RAV4 an easy decision. And the foot-opening trunk (don’t know what this feature is called) as well as the ability to lock and unlock on all 4 doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just sat in the back seat for the first time. No heat or air conditioning vents. The longer I have it the more I find I'm not happy with.

1261 - 1280 of 1317 Posts
About this Discussion
1.3K Replies
380 Participants
Uncle Al
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing