Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I LOVE Zaino's leather in a bottle!.. It even makes the seats smell MORE like leather!!!.. :lol:

Very good stuff.. :) Their leather conditioner is good stuff too!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I finally got around to cleaning the interior gloss last week....YIKES! I used my tried and true Armor All interior wipes. At first I was a little worried because it made the flat finish on the dash shinier than I hoped. After a week, I'm very happy. In fact, I like the look of the shinier dash better now.

Anyone getting a haze on the inside of the windshield? I had a terrible case of it in the CR-V.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I do not use any of that stuff on my dash, I believe it causes more dust to stick, anyway my windows are almost to the point of not being able to see through them, and on hot days that stuff is cooked out on the glass even faster.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
true. Heat make the plastic outgas more ...

BarnyFife said:
I do not use any of that stuff on my dash, I believe it causes more dust to stick, anyway my windows are almost to the point of not being able to see through them, and on hot days that stuff is cooked out on the glass even faster.

P

·
0 Posts
I use nothing but a cloth and water. Wring it out completely, then a smooth cloth to dry. That's it. I would never put armor all or any other chemical cleaner on my dash/trim...etc. Never.

John

·
Registered
218 Posts
packpackpack said:
I use nothing but a cloth and water. Wring it out completely, then a smooth cloth to dry. That's it. I would never put armor all or any other chemical cleaner on my dash/trim...etc. Never.

John
Any reason why not???

P

·
0 Posts
Many of these products are known to actually ATTRACT dust. Many actually can damage and prematurally age the plastics. I'd suggest googling or look on other boards if you'd like to see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'll agree with the dust collecting. The rest of the arguments look like a lot of heresay from oldtimers. There's no actual proof for the arguments, just a lot of " I know a guy, that knows a guy...."

·
Premium Member
7,415 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
mcjaco said:
I'll agree with the dust collecting. The rest of the arguments look like a lot of heresay from oldtimers. There's no actual proof for the arguments, just a lot of " I know a guy, that knows a guy...."
You're right. And believe me, I'm the last person who wants to start a Armor All sucks thread.

But I do wonder why, if a clean towel and water clean the dash just fine, ANYONE would WANT to use Armo All, since it does cost money and all :) Anyway, I'll stick to the clean, matte finish that was intended by the manufacturer :)

John

·
Registered
218 Posts
^ I say use what you want. There's always a detractor for every product somewhere out there.

I'm a fan of the low shine stuff as well but, I didn't have any left.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I don't use Armor All myself, but I do believe the vinyl suraces should be treated to prevent UV ray deteriorattion, which has been evident in all my previous work vehicles which were left untreated compared to my personal vehicles which I treat all the time. Fading was noticeable after only two years of unprotected exposure. I don't buy that "Armor All/vinyl protectants causes cracks" , if that were so, my vehicles from the past thirty some odd years would have dashes that look like road maps!! I prefer the lower gloss finish protectants, and I've been doing well with Stoner's Trim Shine - doesn't attract the dust & lint nearly as much as Armor All. I do admit they do collect dust somehat, but there's a cure for that. Try using the mini "California Car Duster" for interior surfaces - works nice after protectant has dried. There are several other good low gloss products on the market, also. :wink:
OC

H

·
0 Posts
OC I agree. I had an 88 Chevy Z24 for like 10 years and the previous owner was a clean freak like i was and protected the interior with Armour All also and it looked BRAND NEW inside the day I sold it and it was 16 years old.

My father owns a garage and used to paint cars for a living. He has a 70 Chevelle SS that he adores that he has used UV protectan on for SEVERAL years and it shows. He is the one who taught me to care for my vehicles and you can tell years later that we did. He still has a 1992 Isuzu Rodeo that looks and smells like it came out of the showroom. Only has like 40,000 miles on it but he has taken care of it by using more than water on the dash since it was new and you can tell. The avaporation of the Armour All is woth it to keep your baby looking new. Now, if you trade cars every few years then you can probably just let it go because you dont care but for those of us who keep your cars until they die, we need to take care of them properly so they still look good going into the junk yard :lol:

·
Registered
652 Posts
I use the formula 2001 because I think it has less smell. Like armor all, it attracts dust. I like the shine better than the matte and I have no doubt it protects the vinyl.

As far as the window fog, the RAV so far has had considerably less than my grand prix. The prix gets the film after a few days and it pisses me off.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts