Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I like the accessible room under the rear seats. Great place for tire cables/etc. Also appreciate the rear storage cubbies.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I didn't even know about the lights coming on when approaching for over a month after I bought the 2015, don't drive much at night during the winter months, it was a big surprise! The storage space under the rear seat and in the spare tire well are something I miss in the Hybrid.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine is black. And the other day, one my coworkers mentioned to me that my rav4 hybrid almost looks like a mean cop car from the front. Maybe that explains why sometimes cars in front of me slow down suddenly and move over to the next lane and as soon as I pass them they pass me too, weird huh? :)

Anyway I love everything of my rav4 except my samsung note is just too big for the phone tray and always falls of it.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
The rear underseat storage in the gas model was nice on my 2015 Ltd, pretty much the same as my 2006 V6, I miss it. At least the 2016 brought back the sunglasses holder! :wink

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine is how the interior lights come on as you approach the car! (Must only work if you have keyless system)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So this is a total newbie question but does the light auto turn on as you approach or you must tap on your door handle? I do have keyless system so not sure if it's a setting?

·
Registered
1 Posts
You figure out how to get this working so seats are tied to key fobs? Can you provide some info, I didn't find anything, and the dealer didn't know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes, the seat adjust works on my Hybrid Limited.

I had engine on, my key in pocket, then held down 2 and lock button ON DOOR. No beep. Seat already at 2 for me.

I killed engine, pushed 1 for wife's setting and got of car and locked it with keyless. Unlocking it with keyless didn't move seat back to 2. What am I missing?

·
Registered
107 Posts
ffxjack, I'm no expert. I would make sure you don't have both FOBs near the car while doing it. Have only the one you are linking at the time. I ONLY did seat setting button one to my FOB. I didn't try to do seat setting two. Good luck.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I had engine on, my key in pocket, then held down 2 and lock button ON DOOR. No beep. Seat already at 2 for me.

I killed engine, pushed 1 for wife's setting and got of car and locked it with keyless. Unlocking it with keyless didn't move seat back to 2. What am I missing?
On the limited, with car ON, move seat to your liking, hit SET then 1, or 2. Single beep is heard.

To switch between seat setup, you have to keep the 1, or 2 button pressed (I think, well, that is what I did) until it stops moving.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Appreciate the help but I think you guys are confusing the issue potentially.

I have set the memory on the seat so that if you push "1", it moves up for my wife who is shorter and "2", driver's seat moves back further.

What I'm trying to accomplish (and what I believe jrohland has managed to accomplish) is that if you walk up to the car with a specific key fob and unlock the driver's side door, the seat automatically moves to a certain preset position. My Honda accord does this since I kept wondering why the seat would move all of a sudden when I walked up to the car. I later realized, I switched key fobs when the battery to the first ran down and that the seat setting can be programmed to correspond with a certain key fob so that you don't even have to bother pushing the preset button on the door. Since my wife and I use separate key fobs for the Rav4, it would be a cool, unexpected, non-obvious feature.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts