Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I own a 2005, D4D 2.0 85 kw, manual, Rav4, with 210000 km onboard and a clutch repair job is needed. This would be the 2nd clutch replacement in the lifetime of this car..
I would like to ask for a recommendation on the brand of the clutch repair kit - Sachs, Valeo, Luk, etc.
And a 2nd question would be if a life expectancy of 100.000km for a clutch is typical for this car.. for me it seams a bit too short. Half of the km are driven in town traffic.
Cheers!

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Welcome! This forum is mostly North America based and there are no diesel RAVs sold here although we do have a few members in Europe and elsewhere who have diesel RAVs. We have members with 4.1 and 4.2 RAVs with manual gearboxes and clutches, but clutches may differ between gasoline and diesel models.

There might be more help available on a European RAV forum, such as: RAV4 Drivers Club ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks

Hi! Thank you for the reply, I'll follow your suggestion and write on the European forum.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It's not normal on any vehicle to change the clutch at 100,000 km. It should still be at it's first one.

But doing this job, I would for sure ditch the dual mass flywheel to the garbage, and install a conversion kit with a solid flywheel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
On my wife's RAV4, we used the LUK clutch kit and flywheel. After, it had much smoother engagement than the original ever did. She's happy.

·
Registered
2005 manual
7 Posts
On my wife's RAV4, we used the LUK clutch kit and flywheel. After, it had much smoother engagement than the original ever did. She's happy.
How is the LUK clutch kit holding up for you? Do you ever take it Offroad?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts