Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We should have known our annual tennis weekend was going to be different this year after encountering hail at Donners Pass on the way up to Tahoe. Sure the weatherman said it was going to be a bit cold for Saturday and Sunday, but we all figured we’d just wear some sweats and hit the courts a little later than our usual 8:30 start time.
After arriving near 10 pm, the others of our group who don’t have real jobs, were amazed to hear of near blizzard conditions at the summit.
Rolling out of bed at 6:30 Saturday morning I was greeted with a view of a winter wonderland out our window. During the night, at least an inch and a half of the white stuff had fallen. It was still snowing and continued to snow throughout the day. Tennis matches were exchanged for shopping. A trip to Truckee was planned and our RAV was up for the task. Even with only having a two-wheel option, the RAV held the road nicely. At the end of the day more than 4 inches of snow had fallen at our house, much more at the higher elevations.
We weren’t able to hit the courts till late Sunday. By Monday morning all the snow at the lake level was just a memory and the temperature was heading up.
How was your weekend?

Robert

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Went to Wexford, PA on Friday to visit inlaws. Went through pouring rain all the way down from Upstate, NY. By Saturday, weather cleared out nicely, temps were close to 90 on return trip yesterday.

Hey, Flyman, that's a beautiful part of PA, at least from what I saw. My wife's niece & nephew live right down the road from a State Game Preserve & shooting range. Got to spend some rounds though a 9MM, wish I brought my rifles with me. Didn't get to to do any Steelers souveneir shopping, but did get a chance to chat with some avid fans - couldn't understand how I could be a Steel fan while living in the midst of Bills country.......Very enjoyable trip. :)

OC

·
Registered
218 Posts
We had hail here two weeks ago....and not small stuff, golf ball sized. I got some pretty nice dings in the front fender from it.

Our Rav got a rest this weekend.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Loaded up the RAV with my riding gear, hooked up the utility trailer and took my MX bike out to my riding club.
First time towing and everything went perfectly.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
very good.. Ahh shooting. my other hobby :) What kinda 9 do you have?? Very cool:)

OCInsomniac said:
Went to Wexford, PA on Friday to visit inlaws. Went through pouring rain all the way down from Upstate, NY. By Saturday, weather cleared out nicely, temps were close to 90 on return trip yesterday.

Hey, Flyman, that's a beautiful part of PA, at least from what I saw. My wife's niece & nephew live right down the road from a State Game Preserve & shooting range. Got to spend some rounds though a 9MM, wish I brought my rifles with me. Didn't get to to do any Steelers souveneir shopping, but did get a chance to chat with some avid fans - couldn't understand how I could be a Steel fan while living in the midst of Bills country.......Very enjoyable trip. :)

OC

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Flyman asked:
Ahh shooting. my other hobby Smile What kinda 9 do you have??
Don't have one yet, can't make up my mind whether I want a 9 or a .45. Like the stopping power of the .45, but the 9 is more practical for sport shooting. Maybe I'll get one of each - and tell the wife the 9 is hers :twisted:

OC

·
Registered
91 Posts
I put another coat of zaino on, cleaned out the interior, used it to buy some beer from base, drove around and listened to a few mp3 discs I made and thats about it. Have to go back to work tomorrow, that sucks.

R

·
0 Posts
Went to the DMV to register my RAV on Saturday ($487 ouch!) On Sunday, I got her all cleaned up, though I haven't given her a good waxing yet. I'm waiting until after the clear bra is installed this Friday. Then it was gorgeous yesterday, around 85 degrees so after our family get together, my sister and I went out driving around town with the sunroof open, did a little girley shopping and enjoyed my beautiful new ride! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE MY RAV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

·
0 Posts
The wife and I drove from RIchmond, Virginia to Cincinnati and back, 520 miles each way. I averaged 68 miles per hour through intermitent heavy downpours on the way there (love the traction and stability control) and 71 mph on the way back. Even with the AC running and driving through the mountains in WV, I averaged 26.5 mpg each way. I started out with only 840 miles on the odometer so I hope my V6 AWD will improve at least a small amount in the mpg department. The long uphill grades were a breeze for the V6 by the way and power for passing was there when needed.

I could not be happier with my RAV4.3 :thumbs_up:

p.s. Even though I love my nines, I prefer my Kimber .45 :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
OCInsomniac said:

OC

8) I am from that area Wexford about 20 miles down the road across the river an old steel mill town Aliquippa...... If you really want to be among Steeler fans, you have to go to what they call the strip district in downtown Pittsburgh. No there is no strip joints, but many resturants and shops and many steeler fans hang out........

B

·
0 Posts
You Yanks and your guns are scary :wink:

Me and the missus left Irvine CA for Vegas on Saturday and caught Madonna at the MGM Grand. Got up on Saturday a wee bit later than planned due to a slightly sore head and headed off to the Grand Canyon via the Hoover Dam. Both were breathtaking.

Left Williams, just south of the Grand Canyon National Park at 4.30 on Monday to miss the worst of the traffic. Made it home by 10.30 so spent the rest of the day cleaning the car then chillin in the pool.

Top quality weekend.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Swam a few laps in the pool, spinned around the neighborhood on my mtb. 8) Had the traditional family/relatives BBQ. :? Many complimented my RAV and were amazed when I told them the specs and the price! :thumbs_up: :cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Flygn, it towed well. My 5X8 utility trailer weighs 660lbs., 230 lb bike, assorted gear and me another 300lbs. Haven't checked the milage on this tank yet. I have been getting best of 25mpg and worst of 22 in mixed driving.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I picked up 75 14 pound retaining wall bricks over two trips and picked up 8 40 LB bags of dirt. It was much easier witht he RAV4 over my Camry. I have a full sized mountain bike in the back now. It's a tight fit, but at least I did not have to remove the front wheel of the bike.

After one month, I've put 1800 miles on my RAV4, twice my normal rate. I've picked up a total of 210 retaining wall bricks, a dining table and 4 assembled chairs, a 27 inch TV, about 1000 pounds of a friend's stuff from her dorm, over 1000 pounds of dirt, 7 long boxes of laminateflooring. I once said I'd never own an SUV. I now know what I missed. The RAV4 is so perfect size wise.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts