Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2022 RAV4 TRD Off Road - Ruby Red Flare
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What did you do to make your RAV4 "YOURS"? By that I mean to stand out from the other RAV4's, beside just keeping it clean. I bought my wife a new 2022 RAV4 TRD Off-Road with all the options last month as a gift for her achieving a 17 year goal of becoming a KeyBank manager. Since then I did some detailing to make it different from the other ones out there by adding Vinyl graphics to the sides and matching color to the wheels. There will be more minor detailing changes to the interior, hood and engine coming soon.

First two photos are pure stock.
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

Now for the changes
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

Wheel Car Cloud Tire Sky

That is her car, this is mine:
Jack's 2014 Ram 1500

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
No offense and I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I see a car with add-on stickers like that, the first thing I think of is that it's a used car from a no-name used car lot. I like to be more subtle with the customization. To each their own.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No offense and I don't know if it's just me, but whenever I see a car with add-on stickers like that, the first thing I think of is that it's a used car from a no-name used car lot. I like to be more subtle with the customization. To each their own.
Well, it's high grade vinyl decals, same as what dealers put on, not "stickers" as you say ;)
And not used as it's a 2022 with only 99 miles on it so far and not a bland grey or white like so many are.
Since you don't like detailing additions (which can be undone at anytime) you'll really hate this one I did:
1977 Corvette
Oh yes, I won over 25 trophies for this one and several were best of show.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Not used as it's a 2022 with only 99 miles on it so far and not a bland grey or white like so many are.
Since you don't like detailing additions (which can be undone at anytime) you'll really hate this one I did:
1977 Corvette
The Vette looks great. No indications of being a used car IMHO :cool:

·
Registered
298 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Absolutely nothing. In fact I was OK with the blackout signage because it made "PRIME" harder to distinguish.
I stand out enough (and my kids say "not in a good way") but that's just me.
I live in Washington where there are almost zero R4Ps and I don't want anybody to think my RAV is special.
I like some of the mods I see posted in this thread though.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I did gunmetal wheels since I didn't want to conform to the black wheels look lol now I don't have a total Mom vehicle and can spot my ride easily
We love that Blue, stunning! We wanted that when we ordered ours but for some reason there was a four month (at least) wait for it and the Ruby Flare Pearl was available so we went with that with only a month wait. Our RAV4 is easy to find in parking lots as there aren't too many red ones AND we always park waaaaay out in the lots so we don't get door chips... our exercise of the day... LOL

·
Registered
2019 xle
8 Posts
We love that Blue, stunning! We wanted that when we ordered ours but for some reason there was a four month (at least) wait for it and the Ruby Flare Pearl was available so we went with that with only a month wait. Our RAV4 is easy to find in parking lots as there aren't too many red ones AND we always park waaaaay out in the lots so we don't get door chips... our exercise of the day... LOL
i really wanted the Ruby Flare Pearl but at the time when I got this it was the only one available and it was at a dealership right around the corner from my house lol of course a day or two later an adventure model popped up in that color ugh...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i really wanted the Ruby Flare Pearl but at the time when I got this it was the only one available and it was at a dealership right around the corner from my house lol of course a day or two later an adventure model popped up in that color ugh...
That's funny, you wanted Ruby Flare Red, we wanted the dark blue. The two colors were toss-up for me and second choice for her was the red. Dark blue seems to be hard to get for most cars. We've tried four other times and had to settle for dark red/Maroon each time. LOL

·
Registered
2022 Rav4 hybrid Limited Ruby Red Flare
473 Posts
I have a Ruby Red Flare too. The colour is gorgeous! So glad I took it. I ordered Blizzard Pearl but a Ruby one came in and was offered to me! So after waiting since Aug I took it.
Im not doing much right now. The red is flashy enough! Ordered side window deflectors. Thinking about hood deflector. I think the black against the red will look good. Also thinking about blackout badges
I’ve only had it a week so right now I’m just enjoying it!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have a Ruby Red Flare too. The colour is gorgeous! So glad I took it. I ordered Blizzard Pearl but a Ruby one came in and was offered to me! So after waiting since Aug I took it.
Im not doing much right now. The red is flashy enough! Ordered side window deflectors. Thinking about hood deflector. I think the black against the red will look good. Also thinking about blackout badges
I’ve only had it a week so right now I’m just enjoying it!
That Ruby Red Flare indeed an gorgeous color, especially in the bright sunlight.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
544 Posts
Well, it's high grade vinyl decals, same as what dealers put on, not "stickers" as you say ;)
And not used as it's a 2022 with only 99 miles on it so far and not a bland grey or white like so many are.
1977 Corvette
I have one of those bland white ones with some stickers, er, I mean high grade vinyl decals too. Sometimes there is a fine line between simple/clean and Clown Car. The honest members on this site will usually let you know which category you’re in. Doesn’t mean they are right, but if you get enough negative feedback it can be a good indication you may be headed in the clown car direction. Like the Florida guy that put $700 of exterior chrome trim on his new R4. He got some pretty brutal feedback, called some of the members bad names, and quickly bailed on the site. I don’t think he had enough trophies to back up his mistake.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Window
Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Wheel Tire Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

1 - 20 of 42 Posts