Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

241 - 260 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
500 Posts
I have been able to drive the Rav a bit more as of late. Compared to my 13 Fusion its a bit windy inside. Not huge...but certainly more. I am curious if you do that how much that will change the wind intrusion.

My 01 Maxima had a "wind" issue as well and Nissans take on it was to split the seal, put the foam tape in the seal cavity and then "fix" the seal with RTV. Since I didnt trust the mechs to do it right I did the repair myself and got good results.
Worth a shot trying IMO. Best case it solves the issue as that’s where any posted issues have localized the wind noise. Worst case it doesn’t and you’re out $20 and just unstick the hot mess.

I’ll probably give it a try in September when I’m order stripping for fall household maintenance.

FYI @Lewfx has done the mod and seems to agree it helps, wonder what his 1000+ mile review is now 😗😗

·
Registered
500 Posts
Thanks :) . No Covid discount I'm afraid. Bought it from Peace Country Toyota in Dawson Creek BC. Installed myself as they wanted another $110 or so for them to do it.

View attachment 154749

Here's a few more pics of how its mounted. Hopefully you can get the idea. It is very sturdy. I kept the installation instructions if anyone needs them.

View attachment 154750 View attachment 154751 View attachment 154752 View attachment 154754
Gracias amigo, I’ll be calling my dealership and seeing if I can swing some covid favours 💸💸💸 paper is tight these days yaknow.

·
Registered
500 Posts
@The Falken i think I see what you mean, I was browsing insta and the euro-spec OEM RAV deflector does indeed look different than yours, it doesn’t have the plastic grommet looking things.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota RAV4 Limited Hybrid
40 Posts
@The Falken i think I see what you mean, I was browsing insta and the euro-spec OEM RAV deflector does indeed look different than yours, it doesn’t have the plastic grommet looking things.
I wonder if its because those parts are sourced out to different companies in different regions? I wish Toyota US would offer them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting organization system. Is this to assist in your job or hobby?
Mainly for camping and mountain biking...when camping, I have a lot of small stuff (stove, cookware, food, snacks, water bottles, bug spray, photography equipment, dog stuff, etc) without a great place to store them. Bins are fine but they are so deep that it ends up a huge crate of junk by the end of the weekend. This system allows me to store that stuff in the drawers, easily accessible, while still allowing larger stuff on top (cooler, tent, bags, etc.). Also the pull out work surface allows me to cook if I am just doing something quick along the trail.

Also I installed locking handles, so I feel a little bit better about leaving stuff in my car if I am at a trailhead or something. The black carpet on top makes it look like there is nothing in the car if you're just looking in there from a window.

It does reduce the capacity of the car for larger things, but I can remove the system without too much trouble if I need to carry furniture or something.

·
Registered
2019 Super White XLE AWD
28 Posts
Installed my coverking mesh seat covers today. I give the fit a 7/10. Not bad for the price I suppose. Still better than the stock fabric!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 Hybrid LE
40 Posts
Double hand wash and wax/seal early before the sun gets too hot. Happy with the results. Going to install an AC condenser mesh shield later.

241 - 260 of 323 Posts