Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

281 - 300 of 323 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Pretty close, 30-33lbs seems to be what the internet is saying.

But even if you went with saaaaay with some TE37's which I think are about 15-20lbs each (don't quote me), that would net you roughly 60lbs less mass. I'm all about justifying pretty things for increased fuel economy 🤘
For me fuel economy is the last on my list, I am for better overall performance/less stress on the chassis/suspension due to less unsprung weight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I do want also want to add the body matching bodyside door moulding to prevent dents and also add to a more rugged look. Has anyone installed themselves? I would order directly from Toyota parts as i cant find another at a less price.
I did it myself with OEM side molding. Very easy to install with some masking tape, ruler, marker, and some rubbing alcohol.
You can google the PDF instruction and follow thru. About the price, I did shop around and find it cheaper online from a dealer about 30 minutes away from my house. (When I showed up to the dealer part store, they quoted me the full retail price. When I showed them the online price on their website, they said that the site is operated by Toyota with the special online price. In order for me to get that discounted price, I had to place an online order for pick up). Long story short, shop around for OEM parts, even if it is online.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XSE Blizzard Pearl
53 Posts
I didnt realize my method wheels was so heavy plus the K02 thats going to be on them too. Its going to be close to 75lbs. 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
2020 Toyota RAV4 Limited Hybrid
40 Posts

Hood deflector installed! Also test fitted the Yakima Fairing. Doesn't quite fit right with the "Aero bar mounting hardware" so I'll have to mod it a bit.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Functional hood deflector! But for me how they designed the 5th gen hood not sticking out all the way to the top of grille, the hood deflector position looks off/does not flow well relative to the top portion of the bumper. Here is what i mean compared to the 4th gen hood deflector:

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
500 Posts
Functional hood deflector! But for me how they designed the 5th gen hood not sticking out all the way to the top of grille, the hood deflector position looks off/does not flow well relative to the top portion of the bumper. Here is what i mean compared to the 4th gen hood deflector:

I see what you mean, some angles I love it and then another I’ll be like 😦

This is the only reason for me why I still haven’t bought one yet. I’ve been mulling the idea of making the trim piece closer to the emblem black solo or combination with the deflector, but I’m not quite sure if that would solve the problem visually for me. Waiting to see if another user will take the plunge, but in the meanwhile here’s a markup of @Rycan86 whip and what it would look like (🍻)

Personally I think this, and a satin black roof wrap would look 🔥, and black rims of course

·
Registered
40 Posts
I see what you mean, some angles I love it and then another I’ll be like 😦

This is the only reason for me why I still haven’t bought one yet. I’ve been mulling the idea of making the trim piece closer to the emblem black solo or combination with the deflector, but I’m not quite sure if that would solve the problem visually for me. Waiting to see if another user will take the plunge, but in the meanwhile here’s a markup of @Rycan86 whip and what it would look like (🍻)

Personally I think this, and a satin black roof wrap would look 🔥, and black rims of course
pic
Makes my car's snooter more snooty!

I was thinking about getting the wheels blacked out (covers, etc) and blacking out the chrome door handles, but I don't like the fully murdered out look on the RAV... My IS300 already has that color combo anyways:cool:, as well as both of my bikes... I might have a thing for the red/black combo 😅

Besides, the chrome wheels, bumper trim and door handles is how you can tell its a Limited.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 2020 RAV4 XLE Hybrid - Super White
500 Posts
Makes my car's snooter more snooty!

I was thinking about getting the wheels blacked out (covers, etc) and blacking out the chrome door handles, but I don't like the fully murdered out look on the RAV... My IS300 already has that color combo anyways:cool:, as well as both of my bikes... I might have a thing for the red/black combo 😅

Besides, the chrome wheels, bumper trim and door handles is how you can tell its a Limited.
for sure, i've already grown bored of my XLE factory look since every uber driver in the area has an XLE. Gotta make mine stand out, already walked to another RAV by accident in the lot thinking it was mine...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #295
what does that badge mean? I see it more often now that im aware of such thing.
Its a throw back to Toyotas racing heritage. I think the original colors were yellow, orange and then red.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ICIC

Well, it adds a little small touch to the vehicle making it different from the rest of the rav4 in the shopping mall parking lot right? lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
ICIC

Well, it adds a little small touch to the vehicle making it different from the rest of the rav4 in the shopping mall parking lot right? lol
Nearly half a million sold? Gotta stand out somehow :ROFLMAO:

I was a little irked when, after buying my red rav, I started seeing them every time I went out, but then I just chuckled about it. Its like that mattress ad urban legend "You never hear a mattress ad until you buy one."

·
Registered
53 Posts
When I got my white XSE in early May 2019 I felt like had the dopest whip and everyone was staring at me.. well, more like my car and now it’s everywhere. No lie, there is two other white xse within blocks from my house. So now after a year without putting any special mod.. it is time! Got my wheels and tires, waiting on the lift kit in the mail, getting a prinsu rack and maybe add a tri color badge while at it..haha
Bouta stunt on these ___ real hard! 😎

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Hybrid Limited
65 Posts
Added this phone holder

View attachment 155235
View attachment 155236
C$ 20.57 49% Off | Adjustable Phone Holder For Toyota RAV4 2020 Air Vent Car Cellphone Holder Mount Stand Clip For Toyota RAV4 2020 CAR ACCESSORIES
I was looking at that as well but wanted the one that has wireless charging. Is it possible to get a pic with a phone in there so we can see how it looks? I have a + phone so I'm wondering how much real-estate its going to take up and see whats going to be blocked.

281 - 300 of 323 Posts