Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1321 - 1340 of 1377 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Where did you end up purchasing that extra switch panel? Also, have you seen one around that takes the same half-height switches the car comes with?
To answer your 2nd question I "made" one 22mm switch panel. Once the additional 22mm push button switch arrives, I'll install this new panel (Aux. Battery, Mirror switch and 2 blank ones):

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi! I’m new to the forum, though I bought my Rav last November. I got a full sized spare, tinted windows, and rubber floor mats and cargo mat done for pick up. View attachment 166846

This year after deciding I wanted to personalise my car a bit, I found these forums. They’re awesome!
I’ve blacked out all my emblems
View attachment 166847

And then I’ve put some red pinstripe in the front grill
View attachment 166848
edited to add: I also have personalised plates which I put on this year
Looks good. Do you have a link for the pinstripes? Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
New wheels put on my 2020 XLE Hybrid.

Kept the OEM tires on it for now. Wheels are Motegi MR147 17x8 5-114.30, offset 38, gunmetal.

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD - Blizzard Pearl/Black
450 Posts
AA Wireless installed (from Indiegogo campaign). Works flawlessly

Sent from my IN2015 using Tapatalk
Not trying to thread derail here but I've also been thinking about kicking into the fund to get on the list for one of these.

How long does it take when you start the Rav for the dongle to boot and your phone to connect and appear on the infotainment?

Does the communication between phone and dongle use Bluetooth or WiFi?

How is latency with touch and notifications and delay changing tracks with steering wheel controls?

My wife's work just got her a 2021 F150 and it has wireless Android Auto/CarPlay and now I'm jealous. 😂

Thanks!

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Hybrid XSE
492 Posts
Not trying to thread derail here but I've also been thinking about kicking into the fund to get on the list for one of these.

How long does it take when you start the Rav for the dongle to boot and your phone to connect and appear on the infotainment?

Does the communication between phone and dongle use Bluetooth or WiFi?

How is latency with touch and notifications and delay changing tracks with steering wheel controls?

My wife's work just got her a 2021 F150 and it has wireless Android Auto/CarPlay and now I'm jealous. 😂

Thanks!
Just checked mine and my wife’s. They took exactly 16 seconds from the moment the head unit is ready to go (not from the moment the vehicle starts). I didn’t try touching the screen, but changing tracks and volume controls from the steering wheel are instantaneous.

From the website:

“Our adapter has WiFi and Bluetooth hardware. It connects with Bluetooth and sends the WiFi credentials to the phone, then disconnects from the Bluetooth network. It works solely on WiFi from that point on.”

·
Registered
2020 Limited AWD - Blizzard Pearl/Black
450 Posts
Just checked mine and my wife’s. They took exactly 16 seconds from the moment the head unit is ready to go (not from the moment the vehicle starts). I didn’t try touching the screen, but changing tracks and volume controls from the steering wheel are instantaneous.

From the website:

“Our adapter has WiFi and Bluetooth hardware. It connects with Bluetooth and sends the WiFi credentials to the phone, then disconnects from the Bluetooth network. It works solely on WiFi from that point on.”
Sweet! WiFi pairing is the way to go to avoid the latency. I think imma pick one up and install it behind the dash out of sight. I can always pull the plug if I need to power cycle it.

My Limited has the wiring in place for the Qi charger, might see if I can find a brown one on eBay or a junked Rav4 down the road for long trips with wireless AA 😎

·
Registered
939 Posts
So does the auxiliary battery button close a circuit that goes to the main battery in case it dies?

Also, where did you mount the auxiliary battery?
I did install a switch in the cargo area near the aux. battery for that purpose. The switch on the panel is to turn off automatically charging when ignition is on (when I don't want it to be charged).

Mine is gas mode so the aux. battery was easily installed on the cargo right lower corner where the hybrid 12V battery should be located.

1321 - 1340 of 1377 Posts