Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1341 - 1360 of 1407 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid “active” with tech package
87 Posts
Over the weekend I did some light painting of my RAV4. It’s not my best work, as I normally use a different flashlight for this, but it’s not bad. I forgot to do a shot with the headlights, fog lights, and emergency lights on. Guess I’ll do it on the next shoot.
View attachment 167368
Why not try to accentuate it’s “stormtrooper-like” features? Don’t get me wrong, I like it, I just thought you asked for more ideas 👍

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Hybrid XLE
165 Posts
Why not try to accentuate it’s “stormtrooper-like” features? Don’t get me wrong, I like it, I just thought you asked for more ideas 👍
I’ll try that next time. The lights I used were not focused at all, I was trying something new, and I didn’t have a whole lot of time to shoot - bourbon and a campfire awaited me ;)

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Hybrid XSE
503 Posts
Over the weekend I did some light painting of my RAV4. It’s not my best work, as I normally use a different flashlight for this, but it’s not bad. I forgot to do a shot with the headlights, fog lights, and emergency lights on. Guess I’ll do it on the next shoot.
View attachment 167368
Nice! I’ve been dying to do some night shots with the RAV4. I mainly do landscapes and night sky. So I have to give it a try someday.

·
Registered
2019 RAV4 Hybrid XSE
503 Posts
Did that include the install? If so, that's not bad price at all!
No install. It’s with a 15% discount if you sign up with them on their website.

Install was very simple.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Took my RAV4 and trailer out for the first camping trip of the season this week. All the upgrades to the car and the trailer done during the COVID-19 winter lock down worked great.
Is that a small tent trailer or just a cargo trailer?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Is that a small tent trailer or just a cargo trailer?
It is a 45+ year old Colemon utility trailer that originally had a fiberglass bubble cover which bit the dust a long time ago.

The trailer got a complete make over this past winter upgrading from 8" to 12" wheels/tires with new fenders; added the trailer jack with wheel, bike racks and paint scheme to match the RAV4. All the camping gear fits neatly inside, keeping the interior of the car uncluttered.

LR-1156.JPG

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
It is a 45+ year old Colemon utility trailer that originally had a fiberglass bubble cover which bit the dust a long time ago.

The trailer got a complete make over this past winter upgrading from 8" to 12" wheels/tires with new fenders; added the trailer jack with wheel, bike racks and paint scheme to match the RAV4. All the camping gear fits neatly inside, keeping the interior of the car uncluttered.
Back in the late 70s we made a family cross country trip ( west to north east) with a 8 foot camper on my dad's pickup and a tent trailer in tow. I believe it was a Coleman as well that my dad bought used. The cover was shot so my mom made a replacement out of a brand new canvas tarp. This became an issue when the fold out boards that made up the front and back of the tent were bowed downward when closed. The new tarp worked fine until it rained. We were at a rest stop eating lunch in the camper and it started to rain real hard. Water was accumulating in the dip on top of the trailer, then all of a sudden, my dad looks out the camper window and says an explicative and then where did all of that water go. Yep, the tarp wasn't water proofed well enough and the water went right in and soaked the tent and inside the box of the trailer. I remember that smell of an old wet tent to this day. Glorious times.

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 hybrid “active” with tech package
87 Posts
I’ve got a screw embedded in my tire and slooooowly leaking. Got time at a tire shop tomorrow 😢 The tpms warned me this morning
E8567143-0C15-44A3-9836-B175B9A9DDB7.jpeg

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 TRD Offroad
11 Posts
Couple more things done to it!
Autoclover vent visors
Interior trim overlays painted matte black, door panels are next.

D9C91BA8-54E3-4016-B70F-3988518FD985.jpeg

411A45A3-1893-4B7A-89C1-FDBD7DFDF0D2.jpeg

19FD6FA7-1804-418D-9A64-5B20D787DBB6.jpeg

02521365-7B89-409C-9091-C5CB7D651DC2.jpeg

CF1A3869-FCF1-4187-B62A-0475AC0C228F.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2021 RAV4 XLE Premium in Lunar Rock
23 Posts
Installed my Northwoods Performance aluminum front skid plate today. I didn't have anyone to help hold it while I bolted it on, and the skid is a bit heavy. So I used my floor jack to move it into place and hold it up. Worked perfectly.

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
142 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 Hybrid LE
142 Posts
Memorial day project, Caliper covers. Been looking for 6 months and these were my favorite but the seller says they don't fit the Hybrid. So I did what all responsible Rav4 owners do and ordered them anyway. Obviously they fit. Cheaper than any of the others that are metal and I like the mounting system the best. Took a month to ship though.
IMG_0683.jpg
IMG_0684.jpg
IMG_0685.jpg
IMG_0688.jpg

1341 - 1360 of 1407 Posts