Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

What did you do to your Rav today

633K views 3K replies 407 participants last post by  Mr_Flux 
#1 ·
Maybe we can get a moderator to sticky this.

What did you do to your Rav today. Looking for POSITIVE input. If you have problems find the necessary/associated thread and refrain from posting here.

Wash it? Post it. Find a new LED? Post it? Install new floor mats? Post it. Install new windshield wipers? Post it! Need a reason to post your latest xxx? Post it! Lets generate some positivity and exchange ideas. If you dont like what someone did...move on as there is no need to give negative input. We dont all agree on how we modify our vehicle but one persons "crap" is another persons "awesome".

Ill start. I got around to doing a good wash and spray wax. Getting through my old materials before I buff it down and move to an SiO2 system. Still looks pretty good to me given its all OTC stuff (Meguiars).

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Sport utility vehicle

See less See more
#5 ·

What did you do to your Rav today. Looking for POSITIVE input. If you have problems find the necessary/associated thread and refrain from posting here.

Wash it? Post it. Find a new LED? Post it? Install new floor mats? Post it. Install new windshield wipers? Post it! Need a reason to post your latest xxx? Post it! Lets generate some positivity and exchange ideas. If you dont like what someone did...move on as there is no need to give negative input. We dont all agree on how we modify our vehicle but one persons "crap" is another persons "awesome".

Ill start. I got around to doing a good wash and spray wax. Getting through my old materials before I buff it down and move to an SiO2 system. Still looks pretty good to me given its all OTC stuff (Meguiars).

View attachment 152973

View attachment 152972

View attachment 152974

View attachment 152975

View attachment 152976
Wow 🤩 you did a beautiful job! I clay barred my RAV4 Hybrid for the first time a few weeks ago and the results are so nice. You're car looks great, nice job!

#11 ·
I took a chance and ordered these floor mats. Didn’t see any reviews for them here. I currently have the OEM rubber mats, but I like the coverage of these 5D mats (evaluation strictly from the online pics). We will see once they come in.

#14 ·
I haven't done much so far. Did claybar and spray wax. Installed a center console tray. Installed the cupholder/cubbie hole inserts. Once I have the money will paint or wrap the roof and maybe the lower plastic trim. Not sure what color. I was thinking Dark Blue instead of the black. The lower section wouldn't be blue it would be gloss black. I was going to buy the xse but the stitch on the seat was pushing on my leg so had to go with limited and modify.

#15 ·

View attachment 152973

View attachment 152972

View attachment 152974

View attachment 152975

View attachment 152976
I had to do a double take since your pictures looked like the ones I took of mine yesterday

#953 ·
Yesterday I moved my daughter to a high back booster. I think I could actually ride in the back with the two kids now, it would be tight though. Also vacuumed up about a bowl of various cereals from under the seat.

Also made me a vertical hitch adapter. Sometimes I need my hitch hauler if I'm hauling anything biggish, but it might be only one way (take it or leave it), no one seems to make a 1 1/4" horizontal to vertical adapter, so I made my own to let me haul the basket vertically. May get it welded, but seems very solid right now. Needs some more paint too.

#19 ·
I am glad those days are over for me! Felt like a pack mule anytime we went anywhere. But now I am kinda tugging on them to slow down growing up.

Where is the uppapooch? :LOL:
LOL, the pooch prefers Kirkland beds, just the way she likes it.

Since we live in a 530sq.ft condo we have to forcefully embrace 'scandinavian minimalism' to make it work, worst case I got the Yakima skybox I can huck the excess into if space is a hot commodity 🍻

#23 ·
Yesterday, I installed the LED master window switch for the drivers door. Few screenshots attached for reference. Great mod for $40. One thing I didn't realize and had me jumping with joy was I found out that for 2019 Rav4 XLE Hyrbid, after installing the new window switch, all 4 windows are automatic up and down. Before installing the window switch, only my drivers window was auto up-and-down. Did you guys know about this? I don't recall anyone else mentioning this added benefit of this mod for those with the XLE/LE trim in the other thread about this topic.

Attachments

#25 ·
@Urmil: Is there a difference to the tactile feel of the button? Softer, less clicky or anything of that nature?

I dont think anybody has specifically mentioned that all auto. We have a limited so we already had the all four auto up/down.

#27 ·
@Colonel Great question. Overall, both are very similar in build quality. The new ones are a bit more clicky when you press the window switches. However, ones they're installed, it's not something you'll really notice unless your constantly opening and closing your windows.

The finish and overall quality is excellent IMO.

#30 ·
I cleaned the interior. I HATE/DESPISE/LOATH cleaning interiors. My family is a bunch of slobs.

Vacuumed it out. Used Stoners Invisible Glass on the windows. Used Meguiars 3.1 Ultimate Leather Detailer on the seats and soft surfaces. Yes, I know its not even close to leather but it also works with vinyl and other soft materials and gives some UV protection.

#36 ·
I didnt think you were supposed to apply anything prior to PPF? Does the cannon really help? I keep waxing and waning on it. I was thinking of Meg Gold class in a foam cannon, rinse and then do WG UberWash with a mitt.

#37 ·
I have the same question with PPF. No need to apply anything to the paint in areas that will be covered with PPF.

Meg Gold Class works great. It's a tried and tested car soap. I use it regularly in both foam cannon gun and for 2 bucket hand wash.

Added Bonus: Relatively cheap and sold in many big box stores. I buy mine from Walmart, usually $7-8 for 64 ounce.

#38 ·
Yeah no need to do anything prior to PPF. You can still polish it though (then just remove the oils with Eraser or similar product) You can either polish>PPF>coating OR polish>coating (around area)>PPF. Never had a problem on all the cars I’ve done. I bought 1gallon Honeydeew soap from Amazon for about $20 on special - works great.

#39 ·
I just want to use the Gold to remove the huge "ick" stuff. I want the WG uber to "reseal" my SiO2 stuff. I am not sure if I even should use a purse soap because Gold does leave some gloss enhancers behind.

#43 ·
@BSpiral - Yes, I'm 100%. My OEM ones only had the auto up/down for drivers window. Which is why I always assumed Toyota only put a LED light for that one switch. After installing the update window switch, all 4 windows are auto up/down. This makes the upgrade more worth while for owners of a 2019 XLE, though I'm sure many users don't really care about auto up/down windows.

#44 ·
Yes, I'm 100%. My OEM ones only had the auto up/down for drivers window. Which is why I always assumed Toyota only put a LED light for that one switch. After installing the update window switch, all 4 windows are auto up/down. This makes the upgrade more worth while for owners of a 2019 XLE, though I'm sure many users don't really care about auto up/down windows.
That’s pretty rad. And a nice bonus for an already worthy mod.

I plan on doing the swap soon. I’m still baffled why my door handle is so unlit... with so many buttons, why Toyota, why?!

#47 ·
I have a unique answer to this question.What did I do to my RAV4 today? I installed something that I hope is the one problem I haven't been able to solve well for 13 years. And it only took 30 seconds. What did I install?

In my 2007 RAV4 I installed this Amazon.com: Keep Top Luxury Leather Car Sun Visor Tissue Case Holder Paper Towel Bag Cover, Back Seat Headrest Hanging Napkin Clip: Automotive
Yup, that's a full-size tissue box holder!

Each year I just about drool over the current model, especially the 2020 Hybrid XSE, but I'm not sure I can let go of my 2007 V6 AWD until it literally crumbles beneath my fingers.

Someone else posted about noise dampening, including under-hood for the engine noise. Most of the time my engine is pretty quiet, but when that V6 speaks up, I WANT to hear it!

#49 ·
On Friday, I got around to upgrading the 3.5' dash speakers with Infinity Reference Speakers. Install took only 10 mins. and I used a speaker harness for a plug-and-plug set-up.

I also installed the footwell and center cubby light. The footwell lights were very easy and took 10 mins. The center cubby light took a bit more time because you have to remove a few plastic panels from center console. There's a great thread about how to install these lights if anyone's interested. The 3 lights cost be about $42. Overall, it came out great and I enjoy the slight ambient lighting for night-time driving, best part, this is a completely OEM mod so I don't expect any electrical or battery drain issues down the road. The entire process took about 1 hr. but I'm sure others with experience can do it much faster.

I also ordered a Center Console Organizer Tray, it was only $10 and allowed me to better organize my stuff for quick access.

I have the 6 piece window visor set coming, and I'm looking forward to that install. It will serve two purposes for me, #1: Provide air circulation in inclement weather by allowing me to crack the windows #2 Cover up the only chrome trimming remaining on my car.

I also have a 3 piece set of black titanium gas pedal covers coming. Looking forward to those as well.

Attachments

#53 · (Edited)
On Friday, I got around to upgrading the 3.5' dash speakers with Infinity Reference Speakers. Install took only 10 mins. and I used a speaker harness for a plug-and-plug set-up.

View attachment 153294

View attachment 153295

I also installed the footwell and center cubby light. The footwell lights were very easy and took 10 mins. The center cubby light took a bit more time because you have to remove a few plastic panels from center console. There's a great thread about how to install these lights if anyone's interested. The 3 lights cost be about $42. Overall, it came out great and I enjoy the slight ambient lighting for night-time driving, best part, this is a completely OEM mod so I don't expect any electrical or battery drain issues down the road. The entire process took about 1 hr. but I'm sure others with experience can do it much faster.

View attachment 153296
View attachment 153297
View attachment 153298
View attachment 153299
View attachment 153300

I also ordered a Center Console Organizer Tray, it was only $10 and allowed me to better organize my stuff for quick access.

I have the 6 piece window visor set coming, and I'm looking forward to that install. It will serve two purposes for me, #1: Provide air circulation in inclement weather by allowing me to crack the windows #2 Cover up the only chrome trimming remaining on my car.

I also have a 3 piece set of black titanium gas pedal covers coming. Looking forward to those as well.

Do you have a link to the Speaker Wire Harness you used for the speaker? I looked on eBay and Amazon and could not find one? DO you think I could easily break off the plug from back of OEM speaker and solder myself a wire to new?

#51 ·
Changing the fog lights to LED's was one of the first mods I did when I got my car. It's been one of the most useful mods, and generates a lot of additional light to help see at night. The reverse light LED upgrade also is great. I often leave my house early before the sun comes up, having the backup light upgraded to LED helps produce a lot of light at the back of the car when in Reverse. It really helps you see what's behind you.

I have LED front turn signals which I'll be installing soon. I just need to get some heat resistant water-seal tape for the connector. Hopefully, I'll have them installed in a week or so. If that goes well, I'll be changing the rear turn signal bulbs.