Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

221 - 240 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is an universal kit. It can installed to vehicles which has 1. power lift gate, 2. keyless entry.
Hers has the smart key and keyless entry. There’s not a button on the bottom jam of the back gate to shut it,like on the Highlander,so I’m guessing it didn’t come equipped with a power lift gate.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Adding aftermarket power liftgate is not difficult. I installed aftermarket power liftgate to my 2015 RAV4 LE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am trying to figure out why I don't see pin 7 or 15 of odb2 in techstream. Can't read my brand new immo. Got very frustrated that my mini vci 2.0.4 can't read pin 7 or 15 of odb2 connector which is supposed to be k and L lines. Just wondering if I should follow the white rabbit.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I installed strut tower mount(megan racing), door moulding oem and skin hood deflector (weathertech) on my 2018 RAV4 LE,

What driving/handling improvements have you noticed since the install?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got the new bars on & the load warrior. Plus the tow hook set up & my hitch receiver. Ready for the canoe! Thanks arf for the tow hook info. It all came together nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Looks good! I find they stick out a bit for my preference but I’m not about to go and cut them up so... it will have to do!

What did you use for the rubber inserts? I really like the red on the limited trim, keep us posted with your mods in the future 🙂

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not today but did this over last 3-4 weeks. I was fed up with my 2015 Rav4's low mileage (15-16.5) in city. Went ahead with Techron for 2 tank fulls and mileage improved by 1 mpg (not sure if Techron did it). Then switched the engine oil to Pennzoil + oil filter from K&N. Mileage is now steady at 18mpg.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Installed an Alpine ilx-207, Alpine MRV-500 Amp (under passenger seat), and a Kicker 12" CompC Subwoofer. Ran all the wires under trim pieces and couldn't be happier with the look and sound of the system.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put this hood decal on several months ago, I designed it and had a buddy at work cut it for me on his vinyl cutter. I ended up with a couple oops at the front. where the hood contour makes it difficult for a novice (me) to install. I've done lots of smaller ones, but never one this big. Anyway, I've been wanting to get it professionally replaced by a body shop. Fast-forward to yesterday, I'm at the Toyota dealer getting my 15k service & free alignment check. When it was on the rack, something bumped into or fell on the hood, leaving an extremely small scuff that will buff out, but more importantly it tore a gash in my decal. The service desk guy was extremely apologetic and professional, saying they would fix the scuff and replace the decal, but they couldn't find one like it online. Just so happens that I have 2 spares, so it looks like it will get replaced professionally and free!
For those that don't know, that is the old-school Japanese Toyota logo.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Washed.
Clayed.
Polished.
Ceramic Coated.

Then got it dirty on the trails.
Should clean up easier now with the ceramic coat on it.

221 - 240 of 248 Posts