Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

241 - 248 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Looks good!

How did it handle on the trails?
It did really good. We drove on alot of loose rock/dirt trails. A few spots I scraped the skid plate. I went with some family members that own trucks just in case I got stuck. But I never did. It nice to be able to test the limits without fear of getting stranded.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Cool!

I’m going to test mine out a lot more this summer. Last year I hit the trails a few times but now I’m a lot better set up than before. They are capable little vehicles despite the lack of true 4wd

·
Registered
24 Posts
Used it as a truck to pull out a bush. I know, I know...
"you shouldn't use it this way"
"it's dangerous to use a ratchet strap as a tow strap"
"yadda, yadda, yadda"

Yes it wasn't the safest, but it's what I had to work with and the hook of the strap was under the car so if it broke the only thing coming towards the vehicle would be the strap itself and no metal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you have any pictures of them mounted on your rav4. I have been waiting for my tires to wear out a little more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Had the 60,000 mile service done at the stealership to the tune of $450
I originally stopped in for a slow leaking tire, which turned out to be a nail I picked up on the road.

60,000 mile service.
Free multi point inspection, yes the floor mat is installed.
Synthetic oil and filter change.
Changed all differential/transfer case type oils, they said differential oil was dirty. This was the main thing I wanted to get done.
One of the front brakes had a bent hardware piece according to the service guy. Threw in fix for "free"

I decided to skip the $400 transmission flush. Dealer said they checked the level at the fill hole and it was all good to go.

I don't fully trust this dealership but had them do the work anyway. I seem to get a different story about what is needed every time I go in there. We bought the RAV there a few years ago certified used with 47,000 miles on it.

241 - 248 of 248 Posts