Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our dealer told us, "if you put EXCELLENT on everything in our survey...we will give you a free tank of gas."

Is this stemming a bit on bribery?

Our salesman was the pits! We definitely aren't giving them all EXCELLENTS! Hmmm...but, they do have our address, our VIN#, and our license plate number...where we work, etc...etc! PLUS, we have to go back there for servicing!

...decisions...decisions...

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Bah! More like "coaching", but I'd guess that more than a few dealerships do it. :?

My Moroney listed "Full tank of gas" on it, but I'm not sure it was really full -- didn't squeeze quite so many miles as I expected. I'll have to see how things compute after the next fill-up, because I know I filled it up myself the last time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I went with my fiancee to pick up her new RAV4, we drove about a mile to a gas station, where I put over three gallons into the "full" tank. What is especially irritating about this is the fact that "gas" is actually something we were charged for (it's on the dealer invoice they showed us)! Whatever happened to a full tank of gas with a new vehicle?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I've had salespeople ask me: when the survey comes, would I mind not mentioning something that happened during the sales process. One VW dealer tried to deliver a car that was damaged and hoped I wouldn't notice before I drove it away. Too bad, because I did. Why wouldn't I put that on the survey? Please.

I think they should be an accurate reflection of your experience. If the salesperson loses their "excellent survey" bonus because you couldn't be bought off with a free tank of gas, maybe he'll remember that next time - that's how it's supposed to work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts