Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after getting my tranny fixed, this was the next part that gave in. Now I am having some issues sourcing it. I live all the way in Philippines, Manila to be exact. I have attached the photo of the part which I need to be named so that I may proceed ordering it online.

Attachments

·
Registered
189 Posts
after getting my tranny fixed, this was the next part that gave in. Now I am having some issues sourcing it. I live all the way in Philippines, Manila to be exact. I have attached the photo of the part which I need to be named so that I may proceed ordering it online.
what year is your rav4? i assume it is a FWD?

ok, you transaxle or transmission is finished, so where did you take this part off?

·
Registered
189 Posts
yeah , thanks, where did you take this part off?

by the looks of it, this could be the intermediate shaft with that rear bearing still attached to it, O/D (overdrive unit)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my transmission gave up on me a month ago, now that everything is sorted out on the gearbox, this was the next part that gave up.....while I was on the hi-way.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,832 Posts
It appears to be your transfer case output shaft. That should connect to the drive shaft going to the rear differential. The gear teeth appear to be totally ground off. Did you ever change the transfer case oil? What does the gear in the transfer case look like? It might be time for a new transfer case.

·
Registered
189 Posts
this is what you can do because I cant find the right part number for it.

email the online store support including this image, and tell them what you need and coordinate it with them until you have the right list
of parts that you need before purchasing, that way too could cause save you money.

it looks like the driven pinion gear part (multiple components) inside the transfer case.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ah yes. :)

I got the part number already, 41201 on the transaxle.
oh, good stuff. there you go, we hope you can get the right part/s.

dont forget to find out and order the non-reuseable parts like o-rings, seals, etcetera

·
Registered
189 Posts
It appears to be your transfer case output shaft. That should connect to the drive shaft going to the rear differential. The gear teeth appear to be totally ground off. Did you ever change the transfer case oil? What does the gear in the transfer case look like? It might be time for a new transfer case.
ABDEL AZIZ, our buddy JuneBug is giving you a tip here, dont forget to put/top-up transfer case oil into it :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts