Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into purchasing a Rav4 for a little while now. But it is becoming very hard to find one with the options I want since the are redesigning it for 2006. I found one I like but it is a dealer demo and has 5500 miles on it. It looks alomost like new minus a two bad door dings. The first and only oil change was done at 3500 miles. Anyway, sticker on it new was $26,255.00 Here is a link to show what options it has: http://www.rudyluthertoyota.com/New-Inventory.aspx?InventoryId=3837868

I went in and test drove it and really like how fun it was to drive. Anyway, they said the best they could do on it is $22,821.00 which is suppose to be $1000.00 bellow invoice according to them. Tax, title, license and doc fee seperate. I can then either get the 3.9% financing or $1000 rebate too. Do you think this is a good deal or not? I was hoping to buy a new one but that doesn't look possible if I want all the options. I also looked at and test drove a 2005 Hyundia Tucson LX AWD. I was very impressed how it handled. The Rav4 was more fun to drive but the Hyundia had a more luxury feel to it. And then I could get one of those NEW fully loaded with leather for exactly the same amount. I like Toyota's track record but Hyundia's warranty is hard to beat. I also like Toyota's styling and gas milage over the Tucson. What do you think I should do (I know get the Rav4 but what kind of deal you think I'm getting on it). Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I don't think it's worth that price. It's got 5500 miles so you can hardly call it new anymore. Plus, its got two door dings. Tell 'em to either fix it for free or take out the cost for you to repair it. Even if you don't repair it, maybe they'll lower the cost to you even more. Let's put it this way, if you had bought that car brand new beforehand and then try and traded that exact same vehicle with two dings and 5500 miles on it, would the dealer have given you that same value for your trade? If they want it at that price, tell 'em to include the tax, license and doc fees in that price and to throw in the coupon book for free regular service up to 50K miles.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tried tucson as well

that's a toughy. i found my '05 rav4l with only 13 miles for 24K sticker. i thought it was a good deal. i also tried the tucson after i tried the rav4, and although i could get more for less money, i was honestly just not as impressed after having seen and driven the rav4. it just looks too bulky, less mpg's, and you have to get a v6 just to get something similar to the 161hp's of the rav4...

this is coming from me and the wife who wasn't as impressed with the tucson as well but loved the rav4.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like a nice vehicle, but I honestly think the Dealer can do better than that. How much more would they have charged you if it was brand new on their lot? My wife's 2005, which we ordered (and waited 10 weeks for) and picked up a month ago stickered at $25,600 and change, and we paid just a bit over what this dealer is asking for one already driven 5500 miles. I'd :lol: get him to come down a bit more or keep looking. Here in CT, there are still enough on dealer lots (esp. the titanium "L"s).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mikeG said:
I bought my 2005 RAV4 brand new in Feb2005 for $19,800. Do some shopping!
That's a good deal but I doubt it's a "L" / 4WD by comparison. The "L" is nice. I could live with a Base model but the RAV4 is more the wifes car and she loves the "L". I have to be happy with the Tacoma :wink:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sounds a bit high, but in certain areas, these things go for gold. I have a couple friends with Hyundais. They're just waiting to unload them. Both will probably buy a RAV4 after riding in mine.

I paid $22,800 out the door for mine. It was a 2005 with 7500 miles and is a 4wd Sport model.

Don't forget, on most Demo models, the warranty started when it became a Demo, NOT when you buy it. They may tell you otherwise, but when you get 37k miles and take it to another dealer for some repair, you're going to get told the warranty is over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts