Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this small white wiring plug while wiring in a trailer light kit on my 08' Rav4 Ltd V6. It's in the driver side rear compartment near tge fuel door. Couldn't find anything posted about it. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
That goes to the Interocitor. But the flux capacitor interface has not been installed, so this plug is forced to communicate telepathically.

Seriously, I have no idea. It's been a long day and I need a beer :)

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,715 Posts
Found this small white wiring plug while wiring in a trailer light kit on my 08' Rav4 Ltd V6. It's in the driver side rear compartment near tge fuel door. Couldn't find anything posted about it. Thanks!
And now for a serious answer...You must have a 2WD RAV4 like me. The plug goes to the electromagnetic clutch coupler for the rear differential. Since you don't have a rear differential, it's unused. If you're curious, the other end of the wire terminates under the dash behind the glove box.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
If you're curious, the other end of the wire terminates under the dash behind the glove box.
Hmm... Conveniently routed harness for power for a rear-facing dashcam, or aux lighting, or a subwoofer.....

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
If you're curious, the other end of the wire terminates under the dash behind the glove box.
Yep, that's where my 4WD ECM is.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Yep mine is a FWD so no flux capacitors or induction plasma lasers! It does however get to 88 mph rather impressively.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts