Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah, I have it.......LOL but not really. Just dreaming for a sec. Wouldn't that be great to get a hold of :wink:

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, as I have understood and I read from their web site. The installation kit for the 3SGTE engine was sent from Japan to Toysport. But the RAV4 wasn't available at the time. So they just placed it on a shelf and forgot about it. Once the RAV4.1 started to make headlines in the states. That quickly dug up the kit and install it on the 2WD RAV4.1. It was a real pocket rocket. But the kit went for 1K, without the engine. At that time it was a little out of the reach of the RAV4.1 crowd. :roll: They also tweaked with the suspension making it a very worthy opponent for any V8 Camaro. :roll: But, as you check out Toysport Project car list. We can see three RAV4 projects. :shock: But, at least I've haven't seen nor read anything else.

Toysport were once active on this Forum, but just contribute very little to the performance cause of our RAV4. It would be cool if we can get some information from Toysport regarding parts and availability from their projects RAV4.1.2.

Lets all ask Kelly to see if he can help us, what do you guess think?

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A little depressing Kelly :roll: . I guess that goes to show you too much of a lot spoils you. Create a reputation and go to sleep, everything else will take care of itself. This tells me that Toyota doesn't care about its racing fans. No wonder Honda's winning F1 left and right. Thank god they haven't won Le mans, that privilege is only Mazda's. Or, we might look at it this way. Toyota wants to kind of like Dodge did. It pulled out of racing for quite some years. Until Lee Iaccoca came back and went into racing again. You never know, but racing is the development or test grounds of street cars. Oh well, their is still Nissan/Nismo. This is depressing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts