Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

This may have been answered already, but I couldn't find anything on it.

I want a specific 2006 V6 RAV4 Limited (i.e one with Leather), so I finally found a dealer who said they would order one for me. All other dealers who I spoke to said they could not or would not order a RAV4. We agreed on a price and they said it would take 6-8 weeks.

I then asked the dealer to send me confirming info on my order. What I got was a FAX showing a dealer Vehicle Preference Report, with my RAV4 being one of many listed.

Is this really a factory order?. They did not ask me to pay a deposit so I'm suspicious.

-Steve

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered mine 4 weeks ago and I had to pay a $1,000 deposit. I received a reference number a few days later but I haven't actually seen what the factory order sheet looks like. Is there a reference number or what may look like an order number next to your vehicle on that fax sheet you got?

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think that "preferenced" means that your dealer has placed "dibs" on an inbound vehicle. The dealers get an inventory of the vehicles that are inbound and due to be delivered to their sales territory, and can place the preference on a specific vehicle if they have an interested customer. This means that this vehicle is then allocated to them when the delivery is made. This is how I got mine.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ravgal2006 said:
I ordered mine 4 weeks ago and I had to pay a $1,000 deposit. I received a reference number a few days later but I haven't actually seen what the factory order sheet looks like. Is there a reference number or what may look like an order number next to your vehicle on that fax sheet you got?
Nope - no reference number, just notes saying that its reserved for me. They said they couldn't give me a ref. number until the "factory builds it"

-Steve

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
calkiwi said:
Nope - no reference number, just notes saying that its reserved for me. They said they couldn't give me a ref. number until the "factory builds it"

-Steve
Hey Steve,

Maybe go5hole is right in that the dealer has put "dibs" on an incoming vehicle for you instead of ordering it straight from the factory. In a way, this is better because you may not have to wait as long to get your desired vehicle. I was hoping my dealer would find something for me that was already on its way here but all the V6 Blizzard Pearl 4x4 Limited in the system were either already reserved or had options I didn't want. Hopefully, I only have to wait 2-4 more weeks! I'm supposed to get an update today. Hope you get yours soon!

ravgal2006

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When the dealer tells you he has prefranced the Rav4 that means he has made a request to corprate a specific color/model/option combo. Toyota makes a specific amount of colors and models for each region each month. The dealers that request the specific color/model/option (preferance) will get the specific vehicle before another dealer who hasn't requested it. When there is more that one request for a vehicle, it is given to the delaer that sells more cars and has higher CSI scores. Toyota will send the cars to the dealers with the happier customers. An acutal factory order can take up to 6 months. You will likely get the preferanced car first.
Eric
:D

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our dealer noted what options we wanted, gave us a price, then looked at the inventory at the docks at Houston. (We live in the DFW, Tx. area) He did not find one that matched what we wanted there, so he checked the inventories of the ships coming over until he found one with the right combination of options. He then had that one sent to his dealership. The entire process took about 4 weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts