Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just took ownership of a 2010 Rav4 with 14k miles. It was a little old lady type car and was always serviced at a Toyota dealership. Can you tell me what may go wrong and what to service in the future. Is there any way of telling what items they may have serviced. I do know it was serviced at two different Toyota garages. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think either of the dealers would be able to call up the complete maintenance record.. especially recalls, my 2012 had two, one for the rear seat seat belts and one for a drain under the windshield wiper mechanism. My 2012 4cyl has 120,000 km, no real issues, I just find that the rear brake frames that hold the pads tend to get really rusty. Every spring while changing the tires I take the pads out clean the inner surfaces, make sure the caliper pins are free. The front ones seem less likely to rust. I would get your brakes checked out for general rust buildup, tires for age related deterioration. Of course check to see when the motor oil was last changed, in about 6000 more miles consider a drain and fill for the transmission. As your vehicle is older with low mileage and if you live in the snow belt where road salt is used consider some type of rust proofing. I use Krown treatment once every two years here and like it.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
If the Toyota Warranty/Service Log booklet was not included when you bought the vehicle one can go to www.toyotaowners.com and service log info is available there. You can register with the VIN and all of the services and work done by Toyota dealers is available. With our '11 RAV4 all that I have done is have it serviced according to the booklet info and have had zero problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts