Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the features of base model RAV4. It has Tinted Glass with UV protection, but not Privacy glass. So the glass is tinted, does it have a visible color on it. What is the difference?

Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Re: What is the difference between tinted glass & Priva

Could be a 'play on words' meaning the same thing.
I would ask before you purchase :?:

Tinted Glass is usually a film applied to clear glass and done as a after-market thing. Privacy glass is usually from the factory and is 'colored glass'.

Ravon 8)
(Ray von)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Abstract from toyota.ca

Windows and Glass
Electric Rear Window Defroster with Timer S S S S S
Tinted Glass S S S S S
UV Glass Protection S S S S S
Privacy Glass N/A S N/A S S

It clearly indicates Tinted glass and UV glass protection come with Base model. If I just UV protection, no need to upgrade then.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anybody here but me think the glass is too dark on the RAV4?

Personally I would like to see out of it with out the distortion of dark glass when driving through scenic locales.

Otherwise 06 Rav4's are nice.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL! No...it's just that we all have our own tastes. I like the darker windows because it helps keep the HOT sun out! :) Therefore, they are perfect for me! :)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Talking to a salesperson, he mentioned that in some states or provinces, the darkness of the tint is regulated. I know this is the case depending on the front, side and back windows. I am guessing that since the back side windows are darker than is allowed, they can't call them tint, so they refer to them as privacy glass.

8)

·
Registered
4,560 Posts

RAVon said:
Could be a 'play on words' meaning the same thing.
I would ask before you purchase :?:

Tinted Glass is usually a film applied to clear glass and done as a after-market thing. Privacy glass is usually from the factory and is 'colored glass'.

Ravon 8)
(Ray von)
Yup except it's not colored glass (which is why I'm sure you put it in quotes). It's chemically treated glass.

·
Registered
191 Posts

Yup except it's not colored glass (which is why I'm sure you put it in quotes). It's chemically treated glass.[/quote]

aah there you go... I was at a lost for words. :roll:
'chemically treated' is the proper term I was trying to think of...

Thanks, Ravon 8)
(Ray von)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts