Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'am the new owner of an old lady RAV 4 2,0 4 WD, reg: 2001.08
After a few days I started to hear some random beeping sounds from the dashboard simular to the sound when searching for a new radio channel.
After 20x or so beeping sounds I started to randomly push all buttons and than it stopped, so some of the buttons did something. I was driving around 80 km/t when it started. I mostly drive below 50 km/t (in town). No dashbord indicator was showing up before or after it stospped beeping.
I suspect this button did the trick. No label, icon or dashbord indicator when changing.
Two part question, is the beeping sound and this button releated?. What trigger the sounds? and what function do this button has?
I checked the instruction papers but did not find any answers there.
Thank you!
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
As far as I know, there isn't anything on a 2001 RAV that should beep when driven. A 2004-2005 may beep when TRAC or VSC is triggered. Also, a turn signal relay will begin to make a faint beep before failing when the signals are activated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
That switch is definitely aftermarket.

The only way to find out what it does; is to trace the wires behind it……however annoying that will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don’t know about the beeping sound by the way.

I think it’s best you try to record it with your phone or something when it happens and then share a link to the video with us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts