Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time finding a 2-door in Texas. I searched day and night through many sources and I could only find two in all of Texas. There was a convertible one on craigslist and when I asked the seller for the VIN, suddenly he texts back right away saying it was sold. Prior to this he did not answer any of my other questions...all he would tell me was that it was still for sale. Probably a scam or he didn't own the car legally or something and got spooked when I requested the VIN and asked him if the car is under his name. Anyway, there's another one (tin top) but it's in such bad condition. It looked like it sat in the sun all its life. The interior is in bad condition too but the motor sounds good though.

I'm debating whether or not to buy it and restore it. They're asking $1800 for it. Most parts looks like I can restore or replace. However, there's one part I can't figure out what it's called or its part number. It's the hard plastic piece between the door and the window. I looked up "door weather stripping" but all that shows up is the flexible rubber weather stripping that goes around your doors and windows. The piece I'm looking for is that hard plastic strip.

Sadly most of the 2-doors I could find are in the northeast, northwest, california, and east coast.......all places where old cars like these are prone to rust. Thank God for no rust in Texas.....just sun baked cars.

*edit - Is it called a "window Sweeps" or "window channels"? I need the parts number.

*edit2 - nevermind. The Rav4 I was looking at was snatched up. It was available this morning and now it's gone. I guess $1800 was a good price even though it was in bad shape? Ugh....probably be years before I find another one.

Attachments

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,892 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Yeah...im really bummed. Now all I can hope for is that it was bought by someone who knows what that Rav4 is and will appreciate and restore it. I hope it wasn't someone who just bought it because its cheap and let it get worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts