Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, so i've been lurking around this forum and looking online trying to find out what this OEM front bumper type is called but i don't know. I was wondering if that front bumper can be swapped onto rav4 with the different oem front bumper? I was thinking about picking up a v6 rav4 with FWD. but i have yet seen any FWD with that front. Can this front bumper swap be done to other rav4 with different oem bumpers? I just personally really love this front alot.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
While I don't know the answer to your question about swapping out, I can tell you that this front end is from the 2009 - 2012 RAV4 Limited model sold in North America.

I have that same one, except mine is silver.

Note that the bug deflector seen on the hood in the photo was added on separately. They didn't all come with that.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I'm pretty sure the fenders, hood and headlights are the same across the 3 trim lines so a limited front bumper cover should fit the other trims...you may need to fab some mounting points if they don't match up, but I'm sure it can be done...

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The fog lights are different on the limit than on the base. The base has a big trapazoidal area with a filler that encases the fog light.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
My '12 looks a bit different. I don't see the tow hook covers on the first photo, and the lower parts looks different- maybe a non-US model?
The tow hook covers are there...I see them...zoom in and you will as well...and you have a base model...the one pictured is a limited...they have different front bumper covers...also it looks to have a Florida license plate on it so it's definitely a US model...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ok- I see them now, I couldn't zoom in on the photo on my phone. Oh, that's a Minnesota plate. And I didn't realize the front covers were different across the trim levels (I only thought that having fog lights or not were the difference). Looks like the Limited has a different front end than the base and sport models.

I found the dealer who's selling it too:

http://www.morries.com/Used-2011-Toyota-RAV4-Limited-V6-Minnetonka-MN/vd/31119752

1 - 11 of 11 Posts