Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/141026862938

I have no idea where it goes? Front side markers? I thought maybe the back ones, but they're not the same size. Not sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood RAV4 owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
54 Posts
Department of Transportation…?

·
Registered
149 Posts
They go on the front quarter panel just in front of the door. The are factory orange on australian delivered cars. It's the same on many models of toyota.

·
Registered
406 Posts
They go on the front quarter panel just in front of the door. The are factory orange on australian delivered cars. It's the same on many models of toyota.
Yep. They're also yellow in the UK.

I did get some white ones (not clear) for mine. They were E approved, so may be possible to get DOT approved also. I also added clear bulbs that flash yellow, look better .

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In the US, they are yellow/orange, but they don't have bulbs, they're just reflectors. Do you think these will work?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well they're not proper reflectors, but they are mirrored internally, so might be OKish. Doubt they will be OK if a legal requirement.

The other thing is as they are indicators, try use a bulb and so fit in a hole in the wing. Reflectors don't need a hole, so there may not be one underneath.

If you just want white reflectors, you can get small stick on ones, usually for bikes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, if I could I would have no front side reflector, like most modern cars. Unfortunately, I believe there is a hole behind it, so I'd rather a clear or white reflector than an orange reflector.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
It looks like a side light for looking at street signs, etc at night. They were popular for a while and then seemed to disappear.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,716 Posts
These lights are called REPEATERS, and are mandatory in Europe and many other regions. They are usually located on the fender just in front of the door, come on with the headlights, flash with the turn signals, and should be orange in color. They are not mandatory in N. America, but you will see them on Volkswagens, Minis, BMW's, etc. here.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
Now we know.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone know how to take off the existing US reflector? Then I'll see if I want to add the repeaters. Thanks for your help everyone!

·
Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Which reflector are you talking about, my US 99 RAV4 doesn't have an reflectors except a pair of red ones in the rear trim. Mine doesn't have those repeaters either.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@eodgator on some Ravs they have ones on the front panel right in from of the driver and passages door. They are orange. @SlimJim16v I've tried moving it forward and backwards but it didn't work. I'll keep trying though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts