Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 rav4 xle with Entune™ Audio Plus, no options

This is just really a poll for additional information concering radio replacement.

When you had your radio replaced with a aftermarket head unit, like alpine, kenwood or pioneer did you use Maestro RR?
iDatalink - Maestro - Maestro RR

Did your particular radio model # allow you to display ECO drive functions, like miles traveled, mpg per trip, average speed, etc?

Seeking this info on 2015 models mainly.

ty

·
Registered
12 Posts
The Maestro RR will only display basic canbus information (custom gauges and check eng lights) as well as steering wheel control. There is no RAV4 specific firmware.
The only radio compatible to do the said above into a RAV4 is Kenwood with Maestro compatibility.
The Kenwood DDX-9702s is a nice deck for Carplay and Android Auto

·
Registered
2016 Limited Hybrid
1 Posts
My factory control head started locking up and wouldn’t take the firmware updates. Toyota wanted to swap it with a new unit for $1,400. I opted to go with the Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX for half the price and add CarPlay. It works, but you do lose the EnTune functions (if you used them) and the full screen energy monitor. I’m a bit of a nerd, so that was disappointing, but having a reliable unit that works wirelessly and seamlessly with my phone is worth the trade.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.