Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Little accident, this is the reservoir on the left hand side of the car (2007 model), I thought it was the washer but that one is on the right side and is still intact

·
Registered
348 Posts
Right side is coolant. What color is the fluid in the RIGHT tank? It should be PINK unless someone used incorrect coolant on a service.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
On my 4.3 2011, I think (IIRC) both the radiator overflow and washer reservoir are on the right side? No idea what that one is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right side is coolant. What color is the fluid in the RIGHT tank? It should be PINK unless someone used incorrect coolant on a service.
The coolant tank is on top and is fine

the washer is on the right side about same height as the broken reservoir in my pictures

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the washer fluid tank. The right side has the coolant overflow tank, are you sure you didn't get the two mixed up?
I think that's the overflow tank broken, the washer one is on the right. Maybe it's because it's an EU model? or maybe I've been topping off the wrong washer reservoir for years 😂

·
Registered
348 Posts
Maybe rear washer fluid reservoir? Some auto makers do have a separate front and rear washer fluid container.

Why don’t you reference the owners manual? If lost, maybe Toyota EU has a PDF version online?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe rear washer fluid reservoir? Some auto makers do have a separate front and rear washer fluid container.

Why don’t you reference the owners manual? If lost, maybe Toyota EU has a PDF version online?
Didn't find it in owner's manual, I found it on a site that had diagrams of every single component. But thanks for the help

·
Registered
168 Posts
It's a part of the air intake. Toyota made those to add turbulence to the intake to make it "quieter". You can find these on Camry's, some Corolla's, a lot of Lexus' as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
If the washer fluid fill port (washer fluid symbol on the lid) is above the tank then that's what it is. My 06 US model washer fluid fill port is on the left side above the washer fluid reservoir. The fill port is right next to the coolant overflow reservoir. As in this video of a US spec RAV4:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Most people think it's a washer bottle. It's there for the silliest of reasons, just to make the intake quiet.
Resonator, that’s thee name.

Hard to imagine you would hear intake sucking sound over the engine noise, road noise, and wind noise. But, there must have been testing that showed it to be the case.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Resonator, that’s thee name.

Hard to imagine you would hear intake sucking sound over the engine noise, road noise, and wind noise. But, there must have been testing that showed it to be the case.
People put on a short ram intake JUST to hear the sucking noise lol.

·
Registered
348 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts