Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to look at some Mustang Bullits that already have the correct tire size and all. I am just not sure which year they are so the offset may be a concern.

what is the min/ max offset can use on these cars ?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I think stock is about +45...I would probably avoid anything lower than +35 or higher than +50...the lower the number the more the wheels will stick out and vice versa...I think my aftermarket wheels are +40 or 42...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think stock is about +45...I would probably avoid anything lower than +35 or higher than +50...the lower the number the more the wheels will stick out and vice versa...I think my aftermarket wheels are +40 or 42...
so like a 35mm would stick out more than a 45mm...

I have been lookin at some bullets but the idiot wont give me the specs i need

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yes +35 will stick out more...offset refers to where the mounting flange is in relation to the rim...so a rim with 0 offset would have the mounting flange (part that bolts against the car) in the center of the wheel.. as the numbers move to the + side the mounting surface moves toward the outside or face of the wheel and this brings the wheel closer in to the car...as the number get lower and into negative offset it will push the wheel out more (think of the deep dish style wheels)...also you can do a Google search for wheel specs if you know what year the mustang is...and keep in mind that the rav is hub centric and the hub bore on a mustang is not likely to be the same as the rav...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts