Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my baby is 20 years old now, and I've had the engine rebuilt, clutch replaced, and meticulous maintenance done through the years. The reason for this is that I have found no other car that drives, or suits me as well as this does. However, there comes a point when one needs to look around for something more current, with more technology and safety options. I have looked at, and test driven a variety of cars but none come close to my Rav in terms of comfort, ground clearance, visibility, and handling. Looked at the Subaru Forester (nice but too big), the Crosstrek (kept hitting my head on the very slanted window pillar), Mazda CX5 (too big, and no options if you buy manual), Kia Soul (right size, precise gear shifting, but no options if you buy manual), Mini Countryman (typical German engineering, stiff controls, and a horrible gear shift), Honda HRV (poor cabin layout, too new with bugs that need to be worked out, and a manual with imprecise shifting). Fiats are reportedly unreliable....so where does that leave me? What have other people ultimately ended up replacing theirs with? Bear in mind that this is in the US, and only 2% of cars here come with manual transmissions.The new Rav4s are all automatic in the US.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Why is there a need to update your car. You are believing the marketing hype. If it does the task you expect then keep driving it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be right...and that's what I might end up doing, but just wondered what others have replaced theirs with...that's all!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts