Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My plastic is off the car, I've done the trans and axels but can't catch a glimpse of the dreaded water pump. I have a tiny oil leak I can see above/behind the generator and below near the oil filter. Is there an oil pump seal I should be freshening up since yes, I have nothing better to do at the moment.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,893 Posts
How many miles do you have on the RAV? If the water pump isn't leaking or making noise, don't mess with it!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Only 60-something on my '07 so I'm fine with that. Just realised that the water pump replacement thread was for an I4.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i think the oil pump is inside the timing chain cover so no worries about oil pump leaking like old timing chain engines. at 60k miles it should not be leaking anything. just search 2az-fe water pump and you'll see where it is.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found that Toyota owners VIN lookup site and I got a water pump at 53k. Pink fluid is gone and it's serpentine time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went yellow after mucho flushing. Seems the engine block drain might be better for metal sediment removal. Might warrant adding another hole to the plastic shield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts