Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I agree. In-glass or print antennas used to be associated with poor radio reception but that's no longer the case. If I decide to pop for a new RAV4 that antenna is the first thing I'll take off and store in the garage.

G

·
0 Posts
The only real negative I can see regarding my V6 Limited is the cupholders. Considering the negatives of my Lincoln LS that it replaced, I'd consider that minor. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Hands down, yes, the cup holders. Also, fix the center console display for the clock and climate control -- terrible visibility unless it's night time... And even then, it's low contrast. And put the grocery bag hooks back in the rear seatbacks.

S

·
0 Posts
make all windows all auto, no reason not to do that. Almost ridicilous.

I have had limited time in one so far though, mine is coming next week.

Only "issue" I had so far was that seating position is a bit too high fo steering wheel, actually, I wish that the steering wheel is positioned a bit higher together with instrument panel. It might take just a bit to get used to though, so we will see once I get it.

P

·
0 Posts
Cuphoders cupholders cupholders.

I'd like the rear window to open too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Automatic headlights

We traded a 2001 Corolla LE for a 2006 Base Rav4 and didn't realize how accustomed we had grown to automatic headlights. Just assumed that a more expensive car would have them as std eqt.

DRL's. Yep, the Corolla had them too.

Rear overhead dome light for the cargo area. Just like the one over the back seat area.

Bigger coin holder(s).

Volfandt

L

·
0 Posts
Improved rear cargo light, stronger springs in the front cupholders, improved 2nd row center seatbelt design, available NAV system, available satellite radio option, HID headlights, and updated antennae design. Some of these fixes probably won't happen until the next generation, but some of these are easy fixes.

Don't get me wrong, I love my new RAV. There are 10 positives for every negative in this car!

Lance

P

·
0 Posts
cjchaps said:
What's wrong with the cupholders? Doesn't it have 10 of them or something?
Try using the center front cupholders. Then, you'll know.

H

·
0 Posts
Cupholders need to be redesigned

Cupholders too large and the grip mechanism does not grip, drinks flop around. I would also agree that the clock display is hard to read. I would buy the same car again in a second. Glad I did not go for a second Subaru Forester or a Saturn Vue. I am happy, but looking to find a good fix for the cupholder issue!

M

·
0 Posts
Get rid of the seatbelt beeper.....Highly unlikely.....I doubt theyd make all the windows auto because of safety issues....and i would like to see DRL's or at least Auto On/off lights standard....and of course the cup holders. I also think a stainless steel exhaust tip would be nice.

S

·
0 Posts
msm20032003 said:
Get rid of the seatbelt beeper.....Highly unlikely.....I doubt theyd make all the windows auto because of safety issues....and i would like to see DRL's or at least Auto On/off lights standard....and of course the cup holders. I also think a stainless steel exhaust tip would be nice.
well, in europe base Corolla has all auto windows :), and all the other models above it, except for Rav4. Only Yaris does not.

But we do get auto headlights :).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, what did I start? :)

Well heck I have another. Why can't you get heated seats without leather? I didn't want leather but I wanted heated seats bad enough to accept them.

I hope someone at Toyata is paying attention to the comments from owners. It's the best way to make a fine vehicle even better.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
interesting. I don't recall any car having heated seats and no leather..

thecat said:
Wow, what did I start? :)

Well heck I have another. Why can't you get heated seats without leather? I didn't want leather but I wanted heated seats bad enough to accept them.

I hope someone at Toyata is paying attention to the comments from owners. It's the best way to make a fine vehicle even better.

M

·
0 Posts
I remembered the sun visors. Why can't they just spend a dollar more and cover them in fabric?

1 - 20 of 117 Posts