Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the mix at the moment, where a family member offered me his Rav4 since upgraded to an 2016 Acura RDX. He said to "Whatever I can afford to pay", kindly that line is confusing to me as I want to pay him a fair price. I've checked Edmund's and KBB but curious of what forum members thinks it's value.

Details of the vehicle:

2009 Toyota Rav4 V6 Limited 4WD , in like new condition (needs a good coat of wax and leather needs to be clean and conditioned from what I can tell).

V6, 4WD, Leather, Smart Key, Nav, Backup Cam, Auto Dimmers, LED taillights, 17" Alloys, Dual Climate, Heated Front Seats, Moon Roof, DTRL, Foglights, Mirror Signals, Front Floor Lighting Kit, Rear Spoiler, 101K miles, Tonneau Trunk Cover, Cargo Net Hammock, Roof rack w/ crossbars, Weathermats, Mudguards.

Pics:

·
Registered
4 Posts
My car is virtually identical to this one, minus the navigation, and I paid $16,100 for it at the end of May with 58,000 miles from the dealership.

d.

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
Just for a comparison my '08 Limited V-6 front wheel drive & cloth seats is about $13,500 private sale. That's with barely over 20K miles. I'd say $9500 but only if all maintenance is up to snuff and no problems.

It is due for spark plugs (a real bugger on the V-6), new trans fluid & filter, all wheel drive service, coolant flush, brake flush, etc. That won't run cheap. If all that has been done you're ahead of the game. If not then plan to cough up some $$$$$. There's also normal wear items to consider like brakes, rotors, tires, and the like.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Instant Market Value: $14,715
Dealer Trade-In Estimate: $10,914
Best Deal in your area: $11,260 based on 206 listings
Price Estimator
Great Deal
Price: $12,871 Search Rank: 24 out of 191
Buyers save: $1,844 Search Page: 2

Sell My Car - CarGurus

So the trade in value is 10,900 any where from there south for a family member... maybe between 8000-10900. Say 8000 and see his/her face that will tell you if your in there ballpark.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I am concern of it's high mileage and also considering I already have an SUV (FX35), I might pass on this offer. Wife wants a 2009 BMW 328ix 4dr instead, they tend to run for $15k with ~60k miles, I might have to go that route.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for all the responses. I am concern of it's high mileage and also considering I already have an SUV (FX35), I might pass on this offer. Wife wants a 2009 BMW 328ix 4dr instead, they tend to run for $15k with ~60k miles, I might have to go that route.

I'm not sure if 101K miles is really considered high mileage anymore especially on a Toyota.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts