Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2017 RAV4 hybrid, and I'm selling my 1996 RAV4, but I'm unsure what it's worth. KBB says $3k, but local dealers are asking $5500-$6k for versions not as nice as mine. I'm the only owner; it's a 4-door AWD auto trans with PL, PW, ABS, cruise, AC, roof rack, after-market CD/MP3 w/bluetooth. Runs great, original striped blue fabric seating is in excellent condition (no smoking ever). It has just 112k miles.
I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions/recommendations.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
All those prices sound high but since yours may be very desirable and have relatively low mileage I'd start at the high end. You can always come down but never get more than you ask.

When I sold my mom's very low mileage Subaru a few years ago and the buyer wanted a big price break I said, "I only have one to sell." He knew he'd never find another one as nice so I got nearly my asking price.

Reactions: DenRAV4

·
Registered
14 Posts
Since the 1996 RAV4 was the first model year imported into the U.S. and the world's very first crossover SUV, I imagine that in the future their value as collector cars will rise. Maybe not up to the level of prices that the classic FJ40 Land Cruisers are commanding these days, but I do feel that they'll be in demand by enthusiasts soon enough. As the proud owner of a '96 4-door AWD myself, I intend to hold on to it as long as I can and keep it in tiptop condition. It's 100% stock, by the way, with 149k on the odometer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I paid $1800 for mine last April. 144k miles, rust free, same features as yours except the aftermarket stereo.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Glad I read this thread. I have a '97 2 dr in great condition. Had the engine rebuilt, shocks replaced and usual maintenance over the years. Now 200K+ miles. Still can't find any new car with which to replace it, and that matches size, driving style etc.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Since the 1996 RAV4 was the first model year imported into the U.S. and the world's very first crossover SUV, I imagine that in the future their value as collector cars will rise. Maybe not up to the level of prices that the classic FJ40 Land Cruisers are commanding these days, but I do feel that they'll be in demand by enthusiasts soon enough. As the proud owner of a '96 4-door AWD myself, I intend to hold on to it as long as I can and keep it in tiptop condition. It's 100% stock, by the way, with 149k on the odometer.

Now here is a guy who thinks like me !!!!
I am about to get mine professionally repainted... !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts