Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody (Kelly?) have an idea what kind of shipments are on the way? Seems like my dealers may be getting [less than what you can count on one hand] cars in the next few days, only 1 base 4x4, doesn't leave me much selection. Any idea when we can expect more? Was this first shipment small compared to what's usual? Will upcoming ones have more vehicles, so we can have better selection and the dealers may deal a little more? (Not talking about v6's) Thanx.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
There was a 3 to 4 week delay from the original launch date plan... due to parts shortages at the ports (IE - Floor Mats, etc.). The original launch was scheduled for Nov. 16th. The full-speed-ahead launch did not happen until around Dec. 12th. In the last few days alone...Portland, OR has shipped 300+ 2006 RAVs :D In other words... HERE THEY COME :D :lol:

We normally have 4 day weekends for Christmas and New Years (thank-you Teamsters :D ). Due to the delayed RAV4 shipping schedule we are getting only 2 day weekends for these two holidays... in an effort to play catch-up. What this means to MY wallet... 4 days extra work at TRIPLE TIME pay! Ka-Ching :mrgreen:

C

·
0 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
There was a 3 to 4 week delay from the original launch date plan... due to parts shortages at the ports (IE - Floor Mats, etc.). The original launch was scheduled for Nov. 16th. The full-speed-ahead launch did not happen until around Dec. 12th. In the last few days alone...Portland, OR has shipped 300+ 2006 RAVs :D In other words... HERE THEY COME :D :lol:

We normally have 4 day weekends for Christmas and New Years (thank-you Teamsters :D ). Due to the delayed RAV4 shipping schedule we are getting only 2 day weekends for these two holidays... in an effort to play catch-up. What this means to MY wallet... 4 days extra work at TRIPLE TIME pay! Ka-Ching :mrgreen:
Do the Canadian Rav4s come from there to? Or do we deal with our own ports? Or do you even know?

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
No... the Canadian RAVs do NOT come through the US ports. I don't know their port of entry. Though I'm sure that ALL of the 06 RAVs had the same delay... regardless of what port they entered :?

C

·
0 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
No... the Canadian RAVs do NOT come through the US ports. I don't know their port of entry. Though I'm sure that ALL of the 06 RAVs had the same delay... regardless of what port they entered :?
They must come from the Vancouver Port then. That is what I am thinking.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Truro Toyota has one '06 RAV, Limited, dark blue (Pacific?), $32,000+(cdn), no details on spec sheet,......I'll ask if it came thru Autoport in Halifax-Dartmouth, but I expect it did.....
Western ones more than likely come thru Vancouver......

BTW.....I expected it to be bigger, but it's midway twn old RAV and Highlander, but definitely longer....noticed that right away.....

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
They would all be coming through the port of Vancouver, then by rail to the rest of the country. I'll have to stop by my dealer and see if they've got one yet. Hard to get a good sense of its size from pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts