Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked on Kelly Blue Book and NADA and the difference is $4500 for trade in value. $9100 KBB and $13600 NADA. It's a 2001 AWD L. The only thing it doesn't have is leather and the auto tranny. 100,000 miles. Excellent condition. One small dent on the front of the hood. I'm member 320 if you want to check it out. It still looks the same.

·
Registered
880 Posts
UPSer said:
I've looked on Kelly Blue Book and NADA and the difference is $4500 for trade in value. $9100 KBB and $13600 NADA. It's a 2001 AWD L. The only thing it doesn't have is leather and the auto tranny. 100,000 miles. Excellent condition. One small dent on the front of the hood. I'm member 320 if you want to check it out. It still looks the same.
USD? It depends where you are but I think for trade in value I would expect it to be $9100 or less. While you might get $14,000 for it if you sell it, dealers never want to pay any more than half what something is worth unless they are making a pile of money off the car you are buying to replace it.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i know i have a 02 rav with leather and tons of upgrade and my car isn't even worth that much. if it's more then 13000 I'd sell it right now... it's only 50,000 too.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The extra money you will make selling it privately makes up for the hassle. In general, if the car is in good shape, and the deal is legit, a private sale is beneficial for both the seller and the buyer, since the seller can get more money than a dealer would pay, and the buyer can pay less than if they bought it from a dealer. Dealers usually mark up the car about 30-50% of what they paid for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts