Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home tonight when I caught a strong whiff of what smelled like rotten eggs or burning rubber. I'm not sure if it was something from the vehicle or something outside. It dissipated after a while but when I got home I noticed there was still a whiff of it in the air. I know it wasn't me because I showered last week. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I was driving home tonight when I caught a strong whiff of what smelled like rotten eggs or burning rubber. I'm not sure if it was something from the vehicle or something outside. It dissipated after a while but when I got home I noticed there was still a whiff of it in the air. I know it wasn't me because I showered last week. Any ideas? Thanks.
Rotten eggs is the Catalytic Converter. Use top tier gas only... Shell BP Costco etc. Also every 6 months put in Lucas Oil Cylinder Lubricant Fuel Treatment, 5.25 oz. When I pulled off the lot with my brand new Rav I had the smell... these 2 things stopped it.

Licensed Brands | Top Tier Gas

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
No such smell so far ever from my V6 RAV. Occasionally there is a somewhat sulfuric smell from my wife's 4-cyl CR-V for a few seconds after a cold start. We both use Fred Meyer (Kroger) gasoline. My 900cc motorcycle exhaust smells like old type fumes when for a couple of minutes after a cold start.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Smelled it in a different car, so,it must have been something in the frigid Minnesota air. Thanks all for your comments. By the way, did you guys know that ice was possible below 37 degrees? In Minnesota. Who knew?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts