Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want that stupid sticker off my car, but how?

:shock:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
heat

To remove the stickers you will need a hot air blower point it to the edge of the sticker them you will see that the heat makes the sticker easier to remove good luck I hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
It depends on the type of "sticker" used. Mine was easily removed with some generic body shop surface prep for painting that does not harm paint or clear coat finish. I imagine some WD-40 would work also.

A hair dryer could be used to soften the material and adhesive material to enable easier removal.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
=\

I actually asked them to remove it before I took off from the dealership. I used to work for a dealership's make ready department (washing/detailing vehicles) so I know what those dealership logos/stickers can do. If you do it yourself, you risk it damaging the paint job...

can you be more specific on which ones you mean? there's stickers and actual badges.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Benzine does an amazing job at dissolving that sticky gunk, it just liquifies it right away. I used benzine to remove a label from a previous vehicle with no visible damage to the paint, but I still have my doubts about that.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a sidebar here...

The other day, I drove past a RAV4 Chili with the "Chili" emblem removed. The owner did such a miserable job of attempting to remove the Chili emblem that an ugly "silouhette" of the emblem remained... not sure whether he/she peeled the paint off or it was remnants of the adhesive that remained on the paint.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hey "ANTS IN MY PANTS". As you can see my RAV is black and all I did was park it with the back facing the sun and after I washed it one day it peeled right off because it was warmed up. Mine was a thick sort of badge like dealer sticker. No messy residue no visible paint fade or anything. You wouldn't even know it was there.

Paint thinner won't effect your paint because its a baked on finish. I use it to remove tar and stuff from mine. If you have any sticky residue left over just use this to get it off. Good luck. M.

·
Registered
471 Posts
hey right now I work at toyota dealer ship and I saw coupl time how guy used this "heat gun" thing, that worked just like hot air blower, to remove stickers and badges. I think thats the best way 2 do it.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I've always used a hot hair drier to help lift the decal, then remove the residue adhesive with WD40 or alcohol. As mentioned, it is important to then seal it with wax to prevent dirt from sticking to any residue......it's happened to me, before I learned to wax it. That is probably dirt where the removed "Chili" decal was, adhering to the glue, as it wasn't done right.

BTW: My Chili decal may have to go as well, as it's starting to go dark underneath, as if water and dirt is lodging there........anyone else's....... :?:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Remove the sticker with a heat gun, and then use some stuff called "Oops" to remove any goo left over. You can find "Oops" in any hardware store in the paint section, because it's made to remove latex paint and sticky residue. It will not hurt the car paint, and I know this because I've used it many times on cars with no problems. At worst it will remove the wax (which anything would do) so you many need to apply some car wax over the area.

In addition to being careful with what chemical you use to clean the finish, you should also be careful with the rag or towel that you use to wipe it. You should only use a soft terry towel because it will not cause swirl marks as bad as some other things.

·
Registered
7 Posts
How do your remove airbag warning stickers from visors

I just picked up my first RAV4 a couple of days ago. I have not figured out how to remove the airbag warning stickers from the visors. I can't even get a finger nail to engage the edge.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have had no time lately to do this, but I was wondering the same thing.....stupid airbag sticker......I dont know if it even comes off.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Ants in my Pants said:
I have had no time lately to do this, but I was wondering the same thing.....stupid airbag sticker......I dont know if it even comes off.
I think this will be much more difficult and may cause some cosmetic damage trying to remove. They design that sticker to stay on!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts