Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not too concerned about the width, but I just hate skinny low profile sidewalls. Would something like 225/75/17 fit? Ive seen people with 18 inch wheels but with skinny profile tires. Also would I need to modify the wheel well? would I need spacers?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Have you put the sizes into a tire size calculator? You can compare your tyres to the factory sizes to know how much bigger they will be. I have 215 60 17 and they are pretty close to 215 70 16 stock tyre.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have used it but that doesn't really help, because I want to go bigger than the stock diameter. I'm trying to figure out if there will be any rubbing if I put something like 215 75 17 on

·
Registered
406 Posts
The largest size that will fit without raising the suspension is 235/70x16. You'll need to do a bit of work at the rear of the front arches though.
So work from there.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have 225.70.16 and I'm lowered on H&R springs.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts
I have a 99' and installed these tires with the oem lift kit and had bad rubbing issues; with the lift I wouldn't go over a 28" at the most 29" tall tire.
- 5 ea - *Tires - 235/75R16 Firestone Destination A/T (tirerack.com)(these tires are 30" tall and caused some rubbing issues that I had to repair with the judicious use of an implement of destruction (4lb hammer) to the raised areas at the rear of the front fender wells.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts