Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought and installed these , I'm looking for a quality set for my 2006 Rav4 limited . I'm a little worried about the in channel deflectors screwing up the power windows . All advice is welcome. John

D

·
0 Posts
John, I have ordered these deflectors for my new 06 limited rav (red). I hope they fit well, i should get them this week sometime, i'll be sure to give you my opinion as soon as I install them, I am hoping that it will help with the sun in the summer, and rain here the rest of the year, we live in oregon and it rains when it doesn't shine. till then, take care. ...Grant

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
I've ordered them, have used them on 2 previous vehicles, a '98 Durango and an '02 Trailblazer, they work great and look much nicer than the stick-on kind, plus they can be removed for cleaning. I've had no problems of any kind with them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds good guys ...... Grant , keep me informed when you get them installed . Thanks in advance John

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They look great ! :D Any problems with the power windows ? Auto up & down ? And most important does it seem like the window is being pushed in because of the in channel install ? And last queston , can you provide a link to where you bought them from . Thanks for your help Quick , John

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
No problem with the auto window or any for that matter, as in past installs, I expect the window seal to adjust a little and make the glass ride over the edge of the deflector a little smoother, right now there's a definite "catch" as it hits the deflector but it doesn't stop it, just makes a little noise. The fit on rear windows are a little tighter than the front, if it doesn't smooth out after they've been installed a while, I'll remove them and chamfer the edge of the deflector so the transition isn't so abrupt, but I've only had to do that once before, just depends on how much the rubber seal will "adjust".

They're available direct from MacNeil, they also have a Canadian web site for those north or the border!!

http://www.weathertech.com/store/vehsearch.asp?make_id=52&year_no=2006&veh_id=655&item_group_id=4&veh_opt_choice_id=0

·
Premium Member
6,705 Posts
Went on a 20 mile drive today, my 60yr old hearing isn't the best, but I think the deflectors reduce some of the wind noise, it's noticeably quieter, on the return trip I had a good 20mph headwind on the interstate, a brief sprint to 80mph and it was still much quieter than before. What a pleasant surprise!

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Quickdtoo said:
Went on a 20 mile drive today, my 60yr old hearing isn't the best, but I think the deflectors reduce some of the wind noise, it's noticeably quieter, on the return trip I had a good 20mph headwind on the interstate, a brief sprint to 80mph and it was still much quieter than before. What a pleasant surprise!
nice!! 8) I had a F150 crew cab and the wind noise increased after the install.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Installed a few days ago and....

I just installed the weathertech deflectors & here's my experience-

You need to be careful installing the rears since there is thin tape as well as pressure holding them in. Push forward until they are fully seated and then pull out to let the tape adhere. One of mine is a wee bit off and can't be adjuted.

The drivers side front hits and the window reverses. I'll probably pull it out and chamfer the edge a little (thank goodness, no tape on the fronts).

My wife and I think they are a little louder than w/o with the window just a bit open. Same or quieter w/ the windows opened fully.

They look really nice and are well made (we got the dark ones)

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Re: Installed a few days ago and....

RedRav said:
I just installed the weathertech deflectors & here's my experience-

You need to be careful installing the rears since there is thin tape as well as pressure holding them in. Push forward until they are fully seated and then pull out to let the tape adhere. One of mine is a wee bit off and can't be adjuted.

The drivers side front hits and the window reverses. I'll probably pull it out and chamfer the edge a little (thank goodness, no tape on the fronts).

My wife and I think they are a little louder than w/o with the window just a bit open. Same or quieter w/ the windows opened fully.

They look really nice and are well made (we got the dark ones)
good info RedRav ... mine should be arriving soon ... thanks!

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
RedRav ... I have the same problem on the driver window, dosen't stay shut unless I inch the window up... automatically retracts. I'll see how it is after a couple of days.

RAVitUp ... your welcome. I like them and will like them more after the driver window is fixed. Probably just a minor adjustment.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts