Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was cleaning up the wheels, I noticed the wheel weights were the stick on type. I believe I had them on my 01. With the extra weight of the pressure monitor, probably the need to balance is needed more than ever.

·
Registered
771 Posts
With stick-on you won't necessarily need to balance them more often but extra care has to be taken when having them balanced. First ask if the shop is familiar with the stick on type, otherwise you may just get a "Static" balance with the weights on the inside only. This is not so good for your tires.

You may have to clean off the residue left behind by the old sticky weights yourself. It can look bad on there and is somewhat hard to remove. You also need to make sure these weights don't come off if you live in an icy climate. Loose one and you'll know it. They are more effected by the eliments.

The best balance is to get the weights as far to the outside as possible, as with standard wheel flanges. You can however get an accurate balance with the stick-on method as long as the guys/gals doing it have the know-how and the equiptment.

Stick with shops with newer gear. Later. M.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts